Quake 3 running on 24 monitors...

Overkill.........more like useless. I'm betting the cost of those 24 monitors is more than a nice bigscreen of like half the size.

Who the hell wants to look at the lines created by all those screens? It would irritate the hell out of me, I'd rather have just one of those monitors.

Isn't that a bit overkill?

Yeah, that is a bit too much. Even my dream computer has only 1 moniter. Besides, all those moniters are only useful if you're gonna be sitting 500 feet away. Right up close, you'll hurt you're neck looking up to see your health bar.

Practically speaking, as most of you have pointed out, this is kind of lame. It's cost-prohibitive, probably not that comfortable, and bested by a number of other existing, equally expensive, setups.

As a stupid-nerd-trick to wow your dorky friends with, like putting neon in your pc case or building a trebuchet in your backyard, this is pretty freakin' cool.

Yeah, I guess I simply jumped the gun on my reply here.

When you look at it from a technical standpoint, it's quite amazing, but it's functionally useless (24 seperate screens......it's like looking through a multi-pane window) and far from cost effective.

A better game to have demoed that with would be Total Annihilation or some other badass RTS besides WarCraft 2.

That's pretty cool but useless. I'd have a problem with the black bar if it was just two monitors, just multiply that by 24.