Best modchip

I,m asking because i want to get one.My ps2 is not chipped.I searched the net and i saw many.Some guys i know are using MYTH, MATRIX,DMS4? What's the best.Or Swap magic?I have Scph-75004 ps2 version

Edited by bogard81

swapmagic is the cheapest, not the best. works for me though!

a little more detailed:

swapmagic requires a slidecard for the old ps2, or a fliptop-cover or 2 tiny pieces of plastic for your slimline ps2.

I have the slimline ps2, and went for the two tiny pieces of plastic. Some reported it to not work, but it works for me.

With swapmagic though, as the name implies, you need to swap discs everytime you boot a game.

secondly, the ps2 is very picky on dvd-r brands. I'm told that with a modchip, compatibility with various dvd-r brands is much higher.

Of course, imports work as well.

Edited by Samor

I would personally just use swapmagic, if a game doesnt work for it, then there is always a patch, and you dont have to mod your console internally

But if you really want a modchip i would get a DMS4

Magic chips are nice but are a pain to install.

I'm not sure about PS2, but if you play on XBox Live with a modchip, it will detect it and you will get banned for life. That's why I'd use SwapMagic just to play it safe, it's not detectable.

best mods out are dms4pro, matrix infinity and crystal mod. each have their own thing like dms4 has its own hd loader (great for older ps2's) and crystal mod can play backups online without needing to patch the game.

swap magic is something not worth it unless you wanna wait for patches or get other loaders for it and doing a double swap.

in the end after its chipped, being able to play 2 backups or so pretty much pays off the mod :(

oh and for those of you wondering about online sake, dnas (online thing) doesn't detect mods, just looks for the its id except for the socom 2/3 sake which detects the file size which make it think you're cheating and kicks you out of their server (meaning you can forget about playing socom 2/3 backup online). all thats needed is a dnas patch adding the id and you're good to go :)