Look what Capcom has done!

L.S.D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I have against fighting games are the long strings of button combos you have to memorizre to be able to do cool moves. I always stick to simple punching/kicking.

Yeah. Tekken is like the granddaddy of all 3D fighting.

You CAN'T possibly hate it.

Nope Virtua Fighter is the grandaddy of 3D fighters, as it was the first one made :).

Thank you for saving me the trouble of pointing that out. :P

They should just call the PSP the CapcomP, since it seems like they're the only company interested in convincing people to buy the silly system. They could just replace all of the terrible Sony ads with spots for these capcom titles and they'd be doing much better.

Nope Virtua Fighter is the grandaddy of 3D fighters, as it was the first one made :blink:.

Thank you for saving me the trouble of pointing that out. :lol:

They should just call the PSP the CapcomP, since it seems like they're the only company interested in convincing people to buy the silly system. They could just replace all of the terrible Sony ads with spots for these capcom titles and they'd be doing much better.

Or NamcoP. You forget about Ridge Racer, Me and My Katamari, Taiko Drum, Tekken.....

Nope Virtua Fighter is the grandaddy of 3D fighters, as it was the first one made :blink:.

Thank you for saving me the trouble of pointing that out. :lol:

Or NamcoP. You forget about Ridge Racer, Me and My Katamari, Taiko Drum, Tekken.....

Those are all decent, but I already have them beat on my PS2. GT4, Katamari Damacy, Guitar Hero, Tekken 5.. They aren't fresh(ly recycled) enough to make me want the PSP any more.

How about Syphon Filter? Initial D Version 3 (only available in arcade until now)? Monster Hunter Portable?

A first/third person shooter/sneaker? I'm half way through Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for PC, and between myself and my roomates I've got all the Metal Gear games, at least one of the Syphon Filters, and both No One Lives Forevers in the house. I've heard Dark Mirror is a lot of fun, but it's hardly unique enough to make me jump for a PSP.

Ditto for the racing game. Between GT4 and Burnout 3 (both $20 on PS2) I've got both ends of the spectrum covered with their best contenders for the same price as one PSP title. Again, maybe a fun game, but hell if I'm tempted to spend $200 just to play another racer.

Monster Hunter Portable. That one I'm actually kind of interested in. A friend had the PS2 version and it was kind of fun. Not as boring as an MMORPG, but with many of the good elements from that genre. If it was made portable and remained psuedo-massively multiplayer, it might tempt me a little bit. And it bears a name I'm starting to trust again - Capcom. :blink:

Not trying to be contrary or anything, just my opinion on this stuff.

Unfortunately, US version of Monster Hunter Portable was rumored not supporting infrastucture, unlike the Japanese version which was a big hit with infrastructure mode.

Why the hell they want to remove it for US version?!?

Sony has this wacky policy of "no ports," but companies seem to get passed it by changing or adding content.