Rom auditing

I got Romceter and started having headaches..

I managed to scan a few roms..

All of them are no good...files missing inside them...

How do i get these files ? Is there a place ?

Or i have to re-download the whole rom ?That would be not fair.

I noticed roms get updated often, along with emulators..

So let's say i download a rom and it doesnt work on the newest version of an emu but maybe it will work on an older one..

Is there a way to scan a rom and get : compatible with emulator..... up to version...

Is there a way to scan a rom and get : compatible with emulator..... up to version...

There isn't such a way AFAIK. You're better off downloading news sets, preferably from places that have their rom lists match with some of most used DATs (like logiqx).You have fewer headaches, if you just look for a completely new set. Looking for specific files is much more time-consuming and most places do not even carry single files.

Personally, I've never used rom auditing tools, especially for arcade games. With conosle games I do, because there's a better change of getting a corrupt rom.

Another question on auditing..this time the one that Mame does.

I have some roms that contain clones,but not all and when mame scans them i get missing files,which are on fact the missing clones inside that rom.

Can i configure Mame not to scan for clones ?

Well, you could probably use some web-based MAME database (like MAWS or CAESAR) that lists the contents of each set, and then delete the any clone files from the parent set.

Well yea no always do the parent sets work try finding ones taht people might have maybe they can send it to you or tell you which ones to download so you wont download the wrong ones that dont work.