Sony Announce First Blu-Ray Movies

Sony has announced that the first set of Blu-Ray movies will arrive this Spring. Almost twenty movies have been finalised, on the eve of the International Consumer Electronics Show.

The genre of the titles vary from action films, such as xXx, to comedies like Hitch. Later in the year, movies such as Black Hawk Down will arrive on 50GB dual-layer Blu-Ray discs. See the entire list below.

It is currently Sony's aim to release four movies on Blu-Ray each month, and by 2007 this will increase to ten per month and will also include TV shows.

http://www.ps3land.com/news/article169.php

well for how much the thing is gonna cost, it better offer lots of features that's worth the money

Well, Microsoft and Sony both want a home entertainment center, not just a video game console. I'd prefer just a video game console, although I do appreciate DVD playback.

Who will win, Dvd's, or Blue-Rays?

Another important factor is cost. Just as with most new technologies, Blu-ray equipment will be pricey at first. In 2003, Sony released its first Blu-ray recorder in Japan with a price tag of around $3,000. The price is expected to drop as the format gains popularity. Blu-ray discs may also be initially more expensive than today's DVDs, but once demand grows and they can be mass-produced, manufacturers say the price will drop to within 10 percent of the price of current DVDs.

That's what, electronics.howstuffworks.com says about blue-rays. Until the 10 percent price drop happens, I think I'll move away from the idea.

Well, Microsoft and Sony both want a home entertainment center, not just a video game console. I'd prefer just a video game console, although I do appreciate DVD playback.

Which is why I got the PS2. I couldn't afford an actual, very good quality, DVD player. What ended up happening was I rarely used the DVD player feature on the PS2 and got an actual DVD player the following year.

Which is why I got the PS2. I couldn't afford an actual, very good quality, DVD player. What ended up happening was I rarely used the DVD player feature on the PS2 and got an actual DVD player the following year.

but the PS2 suck at play dvd, it fast forward slow and some other crap that just made me don't want to use it

MS is atleast advertising the Xbox 360 as a gaming machine. Equiped with hardware that the gaming machine should have.

Though I like Sony better, the hole Cell processor thing is still confusing me as is the lack of any kind of news on the PS3... No new PS3 info at CES 2006 aparently as well, are they really gonna wait until E3 and still release the PS3 by the Spring? I wonder... >.>