What files do you delete from Dynasty warriors 5

SF2MJ

I just wanted to know what files you need to delete in Dynasty warriors 5 to make if fit on a normal DVD-R?.

In another forum a guy said this.........

Basically what I did was created 2 empty ".txt" documents in a separate folder. then changed their name and file type to match that of the files mentioned above. Eg so the ".txt" file should be renamed "LINKVOICE_OUTOFGAME_JP.bin".

Ignore any messages from Windows telling you that by changing the file extension it may make the file unstable....

Then simply swap the 2 new dummy files with the 2 original files and create your ISO.

What i want to know is how you change a text file into a bin file?.

Or does anybody have another method of backing up the game on a normal 4.7 gig dvd-r?

Duhh probably because the release you downloaded was already downsized to DVD5. The original game is a DVD9 well over 4.48GB (DVD-Rs aren't 4.7GB btw, damn media manufacturers and their 1000mb = 1GB crap)

umm no, the release nfo didn't metion anything being ripped so don't know where either of you get the dvd9 version from as my iso is only 3.10GB and this is the allstar release which the nfo is below:

.. Allstars present :

Dynasty Warriors 5 © KOEI

.. iNFOS :

Rel.Date.: 09/09/05        Genre....: Action

Source...: NTSC            Platform.: XBOX

Size.....: 49x50mb          Ripped...: Nothing

Format...:.iso            Languages: English

.. gAME iNFOS :

Return to an ancient land torn apart by chaos where once again history's

mightiest warriors step onto the battlefield. Now, take command of the

fearless warriors in this martial-arts epic where passions and dreams

will live and die on the battlefield. Some will fight for power, some for

glory and others for peace.

With new warriors, a spectacular arsenal of new weapons and attacks to

master, massive landscapes to conquer, and much more, players will

experience the greatest Dynasty Warriors adventure of all time.

.. nOTES :

Enjoy!

- Allstars

fyi, the 4.7gb is actually true, just goes by Bytes not MB :lol:

Allstars #1 Never indicates which region their games are from (PAL btw for almost all), #2 Has most of their releases nuked by release sites #3 NEVER documents anything properly in their NFOs.

Oh and btw, you're STILL wrong when it comes to DVD capacity. 4.7GB is not the true capacity of a blank DVD. 4483MB is the EXACT writeable area on a blank without overburn. 4483MB is 4.38GB.

Disc manufacturers get away with this because #1 They calculate as 1000MB = 1GB #2 They don't factor in the space used by LI/LO/FSO (LeadIn, LeadOut and Filesystem Overhead). It's the same marketing gimmick as used by hard drive manufacturers, and in the realm of communications technology using bits instead of bytes to confuse the consumer.........and it should be made against the law, as it really is false advertising.

Oh and heres an NFO from a release made by a non scener at a site I go to.

DYNASTY WARRIORS 5
==================
Platform: XBOX
Region: NTSC
Languages: English only
Format: DVD5
Ripped: Only Japanese Language Audio was zeroed out

Description:
This is my first torrent and release, inspired by the crappy release from ALLSTARS that had almost every single movie ripped out.  It takes the original release from the NTSC ALLSTARS release, and combines it with the movie files in the PAL version released by eliteweb, combined, then the Japanese Audio files zeroed out, then repacked and tested into a great, FULL NTSC release THE WAY IS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE THE FIRST PLACE!!!

NO MOVIES HAVE BEEN RIPPED FROM THIS RELEASE!!!

Enjoy...

Trust me here, ALLSTARS rips are a waste of your discs. Stop downloading them!

again, you're going by MegaBytes when it goes by Bytes; you can see it for yourself easily when you right-click on a blank dvd5 properities and you'll see the 4,706,074,624 Bytes while in MegaBytes its 4483MB as you already said.