Syriana

Gryph

Harry potter > everything else

Only if you don't read the books first. There were so many changes in this last movie. It was hard to watch without constantly thinking, "Why did they change that?".

I actually read the book first but it has been several years. What were the biggest changes? :lol:

There were changes, espeically the last one that came out. Cho Chang had like, 5 lines.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry potter > everything else

Only if you don't read the books first. There were so many changes in this last movie. It was hard to watch without constantly thinking, "Why did they change that?".

I actually read the book first but it has been several years. What were the biggest changes? :lol:

There were changes, espeically the last one that came out. Cho Chang had like, 5 lines.

just like?

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!

Edited by Weirdy

i kinda wanted to point something out :

do you know what would happen if the middle-east was in peace? (as in the arab countries are allies with israel?) and in turn the mideast united? (like the MEU or something)

1- superiour technology thanks to israel

2- massive amounts of manpower from the arab countries

3- A shitload of money thanks to the oil.

4- Several small scale strong militaries combining into one large scale strong military.

5- lack of poverty due to the population spreading out instead of being confined in their respective countries (egypt for example has an over population problem, while saudi for example, has a lack of population)

1+2+3+4+5=world Superpower.

guess who has anything to benefit from there not being peace in the mid east?

1+2+3+4+5=world Superpower.

guess who has anything to benefit from there not being peace in the mid east?

I doubt that; the United States has encouraged talks between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

The instability in the middle east has also encouraged Al Qaida to recruit terrorists in that region.

Yeah, of course we're trying to show that we care about the Middle Eastern countries, but in the end the US is benifiting from it. And considering how power-hungry capitol hill is (Republicans and Democrats), I wouldn't be suprised for a second if they would secretly encourage the constant strife. I'd be less suprised if they even helped lend a hand to the infighting (Which we have already done publically; Weapons to Israel).

As for the threat from al-Qiada, there really wasn't ever too much of a threat. The US was due for a terrorist attack anyways. We seem to have one every 7 years, I'd say. This one just happened to be particularly large. And it's impossible to safeguard an entire free society from terrorist attacks while keeping freedom, so we are in no way safer after 9/11. It's all a bunch of bullshit.

Yeah, of course we're trying to show that we care about the Middle Eastern countries, but in the end the US is benifiting from it. And considering how power-hungry capitol hill is (Republicans and Democrats), I wouldn't be suprised for a second if they would secretly encourage the constant strife. I'd be less suprised if they even helped lend a hand to the infighting (Which we have already done publically; Weapons to Israel).

As for the threat from al-Qiada, there really wasn't ever too much of a threat. The US was due for a terrorist attack anyways. We seem to have one every 7 years, I'd say. This one just happened to be particularly large. And it's impossible to safeguard an entire free society from terrorist attacks while keeping freedom, so we are in no way safer after 9/11. It's all a bunch of bullshit.

I still don't see any benefits for the US from an unstable Middle East other than the obvious arm dealers. I am aware of the M-4/M-16 assault carbines/rifles, AH-64 Apache helicopters, and M1 Abrams tanks we provide to the Israelis.

Perhaps they are less of a threat now but then some would say we aren't keeping freedom.

Didn't Michael Moore say something about the Patriot Act taking away freedom? Didn't some Democrats criticize Bush for giving the DIA/CIA the ability to monitor Americans domestically? :lol:

Yeah, that's what I ment. Us as people don't benefit, but the major players in american politics, the corperations, do.

And yeah, the Patriot Act takes away a lot of freedom. But don't take everything Moore says as 100% truth; The dude likes to stretch things a bit.