Silent Hill: The Movie

Wizard

Taking the plot line from the first game with elements from of the others, Brotherhood of the Wolf director, Christophe Gans, is at the helm with music composed by none other then Akira Yamaoka, music composer for the Silent Hill video games.

Teaser (WMV)

Sony is also having a poster making contest for the movie, sadly it is only open too U.S. residents only.

Offical Website | Currently going under rating process. Expected to be R for Silent Hill's nature of imagery, violence and (undertone of) sexuality.

I wonder, since I'm hearing the whole Harry Mason dynamic is gone. Would it have been so much harder to have a guy called Harry instead of some woman called Rose?

Yeah, the movie doesn't really tie to any SH games directly. It just uses an assload of references (not necessarily storyline-wise).

I wonder, since I'm hearing the whole Harry Mason dynamic is gone. Would it have been so much harder to have a guy called Harry instead of some woman called Rose?

Yeah, the movie doesn't really tie to any SH games directly. It just uses an assload of references (not necessarily storyline-wise).

Back the basics. Uses the first game as the central plot, recovery of his/her child. Include references to other games such as Pyramid Heads and Demons. Add a little Jacob's Ladder and 13 and you get Silent Hill.