DVD Burning stuff

Shibathedog

Yay my DVD burner came!

Okay so I think ill use Alcohol 120% to copy DVDs

What should i use for burning DivX files as DVD format? Also i want to burn this movie that has a subtitles file, can i burn that on the DVD too so it shows up on the screen?

I was thinking getting Nero 6, would that work?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm...

well...

if that's what you're going to be doing

go find a program that will conver your divx movies to dvd format (dvd santa can do that)

dvd movies are in mpeg layer 2 format btw :P

and just burn as data with nero or something

Edited by Weirdy

get WinAVI Video Converter to convert ur files so u can burn ur dvds and to copy dvds just use DVD shrink. then use nero for the burning

You should look up (via google) more details for this. I know you can play PAL video on an NTSC machine, but you have to upsample due to the lower framerate (25. something on PAL and 29.6 on NTSC).....I believe the term is called "Interpolation"

Almost every DVD player on the market now, will do this on the fly however. But it's more noticeable, especially if you still frame things, that there are duplicate frames.

There are tools for this on some of the more common websites, for performing the conversion to a better degree than letting a DVD player do it on the fly.

The best resource on the internet that I know of, for all your video needs is Doom9