Leaked Revolution Specs?

Shibathedog

always interesting to see what the latest rumours are though.

I remember when the news about Sega's bigass stand at the tokyo game show was announced over at 1up some people started a rumour about Dreamcast 2, and they admitted it wasnt going to happen and just for fun where making up specs, it was kind of amusing so see how everyone thought how if Dreamcast 2 where being released how rediculously powerful it would be and how badly it would kick all the other systems asses :freakbounce:

Can't say I believe this, just in general for the specs. I'm still going with 3 core PPC, at lower freqs.

Theres also the fact that in those "specs" there is contradicting information.

Will have 256 MB’s of 1T-SRAM

512 MB of 700 MHz 1T-SRAM

Which is it? I don't doubt the make of RAM however, it's a great choice.

There will also be a separate sound card that will support only DD 5.1 – DTS 7.1, rumors has it will have 16 MB’s, like the Cube DSP

I can't see this, PERIOD. This can easily be included inside the rev, even with it's small footprint and wouldn't require major surgery for pinouts either. And you'll most likely not see 7.1 support, period........it's far from mainstream yet, even further than HDTV is, and yes it's far from standard still because it's outrageously expensive still.

13 billion dot product operations per second

Huh? Who made this term up? Big finger on the "FAKE!" button now.

If it's from a GS Fourm post, call yourself an idiot and shoot yourself. Who believes anything that comes out of those fourms. Like gamefaqs.

Actually, Panasonic has some nice HDTVs that are about 600 bucks for a 26 inch widescreen, and I think they are even nicer than the plasmas and everything when you see them in person, they are in the style of a regular TV, I keep wanting to say CRT, but im not sure if thats entirely correct.

And am I only one who isnt too impressed with DLP? Projection is just doomed, they need to stop being made.

I did see a very very nice looking Dell projecTOR with DLP however.

Actually, Panasonic has some nice HDTVs that are about 600 bucks for a 26 inch widescreen, and I think they are even nicer than the plasmas and everything when you see them in person, they are in the style of a regular TV, I keep wanting to say CRT, but im not sure if thats entirely correct.

And am I only one who isnt too impressed with DLP? Projection is just doomed, they need to stop being made.

I did see a very very nice looking Dell projecTOR with DLP however.

$600 for a 26" TV is too expensive, period. Widescreen or not. Prices need to come down by 500% before I'll give a damn about buying HDTV.