Xbox Media Center?

Shibathedog

well thats what i meant, buy a second one used and then mod it, and a modchip costs like 30 bucks now right?

Why buy a second one? Mod the one you have with a decent mod like an X3, and you can disable the mod for stuff like Xbox Live.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm thats close :fish:

you dont need password or username if its in simple mode in SMB share setup in xbmc, just change the IP to IP of the computer and apply it then share any folders you want to on PC they will be added to list as long as filename doesnt have illegal characters or isnt longer than 40 characters in music pic video and filemanger. If you know what you are doing you can go into advanced and setup pass and user names but it sounds like you might not be at that level. Also SMB was broken on 3 sep for a few days so dont download that build

hmm i find that a bit weird since when i read up on samba i saw: Windows XP will not permit a network user to access the XP machine using an account set up without a password!

you mind explaining the simple way a bit more?

OK ill try and explain SMB

there are many ways this works :unsure:

You only need a pass for intial logon ummmmm so here goes

You can create an SMB share with no pass or name in normal mode,

this will allow you to smb to all shares from music video pic and filemanager if

A ) your XP has no pass at startup (and you have shared folders from that user)

B ) you have logged into XP (and have shared folders from that user)

C ) you have logged into XP and logged out (and have shared folders from that user)

so you can even make another user with no pass and share folders and comp will only need to be on.

The only time you really need user/pass is this if you turn on XP comp and it goes to where you log onto XP and you have shared folders in it, it wont open SMB shares without user name / pass (untill its verfied eg you log on from your PC ) unless you have it proper user names / pass.

To some it up if you log on to PC ( you can even log out from there ) you can use normal user and no pass is needed or have a an account with no pass.

If you want to turn on and never enter Pass into PC go into advanced user and setup correct info.

PS I hope your not using 9sep build but im sure with DVD menus now you will be all updating build :fish:

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

can anyone explain to me how I change skins for my XBMC? I never figured it out. Like where to go, I know how to change my Evox skins cuz there's an option for that...but there isnt for my XBMC, can anyone help?

Oh ya for the person who wanted to buy another XBOX, I bought one for that reason to play XBOX live. I was gonna trade it in but I decided that it'll also come in handy in the future just in case like laser goes out for my Modded One. BUt ya Xbox live most people play Halo.

Still a waste of money when you can get a modded one for about 30 dollars more.