A friend has a problem with the Aladdin chip.

SF2MJ

Hi,

A friend of mine went out and had his Xbox chipped with the Super Aladdin chip 2.

I think that's what he called it.Anyway after he had the chip put in, he could play backups but the games wouldn't boot up from the evox screen where you click on "play dvd".

The only way he can start a game is to put the dvd into his Xbox turn it off then turn it on again.

The other thing to is when he ejects the dvd while playing it...instead of the xbox taking him back to the evox screen.

A green service screen pops up and says he has to get his Xbox serviced.

Could the guy who put the chip in his Xbox have connected some wires wrongly?.

I noticed also when it boots up the green circle around the eject button flashes orange for a while.Then goes green.

What could be wrong?.

Any help would be appreciated.Should he take it back to the guy who put the chip in...because he spoke to him on the phone about it, and the guy said he would look at it but that's how it's supposed to work.

He also mentioned about holding the on button on the Xbox for a few seconds to kick start the mod chip.That doesn't sound right does it?.

We tried that and its' still doing the things i mentioned above.

Thanks.

Flashing LED is known as a frag, and based upon the issues mentioned there is probably a minor problem with the mod install.

There are plenty of error codes on the Xbox, more detailed info on them can be found here.

There is also a more detailed explanation of frags here.

well he bought a aladdin which is known as a cheapmod and they can either work well or not. even worse, the fact that you can't use the latest x2 bios with those mods since they only have 256k of space.

i highly suggest he gets a x2.6 mod instead as thats more reliable then those cheapmods.