Im new to DC Emulating please somebody help

As the title states , im very new to dc emulating.. , i had a dreamcast for 2 years , i absoluty loved it , i didnt touch my ps2 once in that 2 years , then my dreamcast just died :'( , newayz , i still have my PSO burnt cd , its the game i played and have missed even since.

I downloaded Chankast , unzipped it to a folder.

i havent got the dc_bios.bin , coz i cannot find it , no matter where i look... , if sum1 could tell me / send me in the right direction , ill be ever so happy....

as beeing new u have alot of problems :S

once i got the bios files - i allrdy got flash.bin , where do i put them ? :S:S

i forgot to ask , can u accually use Burnt cd's from ur real computer drive , or do u HAVE to use mounted iso images ?

if maybe sum1 could put msn down so they could explain sum things more easily id appreciate it very much :(

Thanks in advance for any help that will be given :)

Edited by Darkkz

As the title states , im very new to dc emulating.. , i had a dreamcast for 2 years , i absoluty loved it , i didnt touch my ps2 once in that 2 years , then my dreamcast just died :'(  , newayz , i still have my PSO burnt cd , its the game i played and have missed even since.

i havent got the dc_bios.bin , coz i cannot find it , no matter where i look... , if sum1 could tell me / send me in the right direction , ill be ever so happy....

i forgot to ask , can u accually use Burnt cd's from ur real computer drive , or do u HAVE to use mounted iso images ?

if maybe sum1 could put msn down so they could explain sum things more easily id appreciate it very much :)

fistly to get this outa the way , :) you had a ps2 and you played dreamcast :( thats sad , and you hadnt touched it for 2 years :lol: ok now onto how to help you , Put Dc_bios , Dc_flash into your chankast folder , yes you can play your own dreamcast games... just rip them onto your pc , if you need anymore help just ask

Well if u mean rip as in burn , 1. i dont got a burner , 2. if u burn it i guess u mount it using daemons tools

btw if u have msn would u prefer to talk there , be alot easier then forum posting :(

haha im aussie to :)

Edited by Darkkz

suvo, you can't rip DC games unless you have a coder's cable and a burner that can read GD-ROMs.

If you want Dreamcast emulation, you need to download Dreamcast CD images from the net and then mount them.

As the title states , im very new to dc emulating.. , i had a dreamcast for 2 years , i absoluty loved it , i didnt touch my ps2 once in that 2 years , then my dreamcast just died :'(   , newayz , i still have my PSO burnt cd , its the game i played and have missed even since.

if maybe sum1 could put msn down so they could explain sum things more easily id appreciate it very much :)

fistly to get this outa the way , :lol: you had a ps2 and you played dreamcast :( thats sad , and you hadnt touched it for 2 years :) ok now onto how to help you , Put Dc_bios , Dc_flash into your chankast folder , yes you can play your own dreamcast games... just rip them onto your pc , if you need anymore help just ask

Suvo, you are the one who is sad :) DC games will beat most of the games in PS2. Shenmue will always be my no.1 game no matter what console games been compared.

suvo, you can't rip DC games unless you have a coder's cable and a burner that can read GD-ROMs.

If you want Dreamcast emulation, you need to download Dreamcast CD images from the net and then mount them.

but agozer i do :D , LSD i said dreamcast rock's but cant you see , he was playing his dreamcast when he had a ps2... :( i can understand him playing shenmue or nba games (my fav dreamcast games) instead of playing ps2 but what if he didnt have those games :D

Have a dreamcast and not have Shenmue 0.0 Wat drugs are u on? :D

shenmue is my ALL time favourite game , nuthing is / was better then shenmue :)

only problem is , i cant download much , coz of the good ol' Download Cap :)

was hoping i could play them without downloading a iso if i had the cd's

-but i dont have the "coder's cable and a burner that can read GD-ROMs."

It was wurth a try, i put in my Burnt PSO disk, it loads the dreamcast symbol goes to the menu for play vmu etc, i select play , it says insert game disk , i take out PSO and putin my Utopia 1.1 boot disk :(, still says insert game disk :D

o well :(

Edited by Darkkz

Omg suvo, I am begging you, act more like your age :).

Darkz if you can't download the games then the only solution you have is really to get a new dreamcast or the supplies needed to play those games from a drive that can read Gd-roms.

O and I agree shenmue is awsome and no dreamcast owner should have a dc without it.