[07/16/05] Bomberman

Game: Bomberman Celphone

System: Celphone, Provider may vary.

Being the Philipines for a few weeks opened my eyes to celphone gaming. Not N-Gage, but more towards traditional phones. Armed with my Motoral v220 and internet for.05/per minute. I grabbed a few celphone games, and to my amazed, Bomberman. Developed by Hudson and ported to the celphone market by Gameloft. With my bombs in hand. I began my 30 level quest destorying all blocks and monsters. As you advance threw the difficulty of the level increases, yet at times they can be really really easy to take advantage of. Such as blowing up all them in one shot and finding the door at the same time. It still provided hours of fun. After beating the first 30 levels, you are treated with a HARD MODE. Which, is, harder. Monsters have changed too the most of the ones you see in the last few levels of BASIC MODE + a few new ones as the levels draw to an end. Thus so begins the 30 Levels of Hard Mode. Which took longer to complete. In the end, replayablity is still the same, although 60 levels of possible frustration aid to this and leads to hours of repeative fun.

Soundings are there, with the execption of background music, obviously to save on space. Kabooms and death sounds are there, nothing breath taking.

Seeing how I have a v220, I had the ability to use the round thingy or the keypad. The keypad, obviously being bigger, was the obvious choice. I found my self accidentally killing my self with my own bomb due to poor reponse times from hitting the button to the game.

Graphically, it's all overhead baby, classic style. But hard to see, this is a cel phone screen after all.

Controls: 6

Gameplay: 6

Graphics: 6

Sound: 6

Overall Score: 4

Grade: There is no grade...

Expect more celphone game reviews and others such as my HM, Riveria and Famicom Wars: DS review, Once the god damn DS actually gets to me hands.

Edited by K`dash