Sony wins case against Nuplayer

Robert

Source: http://www.pspupdates.com

Sony Wins Court Case Against UK Importer Nuplayer

Source: Electricbirdblog

Sony today won it's claim in the High Court against Nuplayer Ltd.

Nuplayer had been selling the imported Japanese PSP Console and games prior the 1st September. Sony claimed Nuplayer were infringing their trade marks by selling the The Products without it's consent.

Mr Justice Lawrence Collins ruled that Nuplayer had no arguable defence and Summary Judgement was given. Nuplayer have been ordered to pay substantial Costs and Damages to Sony for bringing the case against them and hand over it's remaining stock, details of sales, profits, supplier data and some customer data.

The Nuplayer website has been taken down, it says "Sorry site down for maintenance, please check back later - the Nuplayer team".

Corporate Greed wins again.

To be honest, I think that's horrible. I don't think it should matter one bit where in the world it's being sold or if imports are available online as long as it's legit and Sony is making money. What they're doing (Sony) is trying to separate the world and it's economy instead of selling their product worldwide like their suppose to, regardless of official region manufacturing. What their doing is just dumb and a waste of time. This kind of stuff has been going on forever and finally someone doesn't like it... there has to be some better reason <_>

I hate Sony. I'm not going to stop buying their products (I'm rather greedy myself), but I hate Sony. I'm at a loss for how something like this gets noticed. Does Sony have a special division just for finding companies to screw over? I can't imagine they had to look for it for any other reason, and it doesn't seem like something that you'd see in the news. I swear, at this rate I'm going to end up as some sort of Anarchist that just plain hates the government for letting stuff like this happen.