PS2 or PStwo?

Max

Sup,

I'm gonna go to buy a PS2 and need to know which is better, the slim one or the older larger sized model (aside from the modem thing)?

I'm planning to get a modchip installed, will PStwo give me probs or is the chipping just like it is on the PS2? Will I be able to play both PS2 and PS1 backups on this?

I heard that its tough to chip the slim one and even if you do it it stops working with time. Is this true?

- Thanks

Sup,

I'm gonna go to buy a PS2 and need to know which is better, the slim one or the older larger sized model (aside from the modem thing)?

I'm planning to get a modchip installed, will PStwo give me probs or is the chipping just like it is on the PS2? Will I be able to play both PS2 and PS1 backups on this?

I heard that its tough to chip the slim one and even if you do it it stops working with time. Is this true?

- Thanks

I suggest getting the older model.

Just make sure you remove the screen on the back and front of the PS2. Because dust can cover up the vents and you can actually overheat. =S

Nusumenai: Any specific (modchip/game related) reason you suggest the bigger model?

Does the PS2 have a problem with overheating? The slim one as well?

So far I'm leaning more towards the slim one.

hey , i got a slim ps2, its way better...i have never tried the old ps2 but u can get the slim ps2 modded so just get that and also u cannont save ps1 game files on to memory cards o.o , well i mean u cant save them on ps2 mem cards

Does yours play both PS1 and PS2 backups fine or only PS2? Which PStwo do you have (V12, V13 etc)?

BTW I did a little reading and some people are saying that modding deteriorates the lifespan of the lazer. Is this true or is it the fault of bad installation?

Edited by Max

nah , mine works fine.... its just nicer then having this massive chunky console - it plays ps1 and ps2 games , its you choice man, ps3 comes out next year i think so ima wait for that...

The modding should damage the lazer, or if it does, it's one shoddy mod job. The PS2 needs it's own modchip, and it does play PSX and PS2 backups (it would be pretty stupid if it didn't).