New DS emulator! and testing

Not really new, just well hidden. However, like most things, it falls into my hand eventually! This one is called Ensata 1.3c and is apparently supposed to be for Nintendo developers to do testing on. It features fully configurable keyboard, Real Time Clock, D3D, debugger, ram backup and more!

Due to the fact it is very likely to be illegal to distribute, DONT ASK FOR A COPY.

Published restrictions:

The Sub Processor (ARM7) processes are not emulated at the binary level. Therefore, no binary code for any Sub Processor can be emulated.

An accurate emulation is not implemented for processes in real time. For this reason, be aware that applications that depend on the runtime timing may have large discrepancies on the Nintendo DS system.

Two types of engines are mounted for 3D rendering. One is the software rendering engine. Images as similar as possible to those on the production unit are emulated, but because the same algorithms are not used, small discrepancies occur. The other is a rendering engine that uses Direct3D 9. The processing is faster than with the previous engine, but the video board and driver have an effect on the images, so images will differ from those on the production unit.

No emulation is available for sprites or lines over for polygons.

In addition, there seems to be no sound. The touchscreen only works on official Nintendo demos.

Setting up: You don't need to set the clock, it reads your system time off your PC. Read the help file to understand the keyboard and other features. The file types available are BIN, SRL, ENP, and All Files.

I never heard of ENP or SRL, and BIN files cause an error. The thing to do is select All Files, and load a NDS demo. It's advisable to stop the emulator before opening another demo.

Testing of NDS files

----------------------

birds : works - no touchscreen

framebuffer_demo1 : works

mixed_cubes : works - some slight graphical errors

neoflash : works

nibbles11 : intro screen - needs touchscreen to start

oilpanic : works - this is the early boolean version

omalone : works - needs touchscreen

shootDS : intro screen - needs touchscreen to start

sound_demo1 : a cyan moveable blue square

space_invaders : works

sphere : works

sponge : works

sprite : works

submarine_tech_demo : works

table_hockey : works

tetris10 / tetris11 : works - the only available piece is the blue square

texture : works - in the bottom screen

transformer : works

zelda_gallery : works

All the other NDS demos either produce white screens and/or an error message.

This is the first time I've ever seen the submarine and table_hockey E3 demos running. This emu is a good start, it's a pity that it's most likely illegal.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Robbbert i have the emulator and i heard that it is supposed to run commercial games but it wont are there certain commercial games that is run. I dont really care about the demos.

I dont want to start trouble but i was wondering if you can give me the zelda_gallery. I just want to work on it since i have a demo that wont work and want to compare them to make my demo work.

Thank you

send me a link if you can

This emulator is runing other.nds files but I didn't see if I have the right to stay they for legality whit the forum. :P

I want to see what the file is runing on his picture please because I have asked Darkfader for it and wait en see for the moment...

ensata.png

Edited by Dimitri FORT

Alright, I tested out some demos and got some good results. I tried out Goldeneye and it worked so I took some screenshots for your pleasure.

35ub.th.png48ti.th.png

57yo.th.png15dl.th.png

As you can see from the pics, it runs incredibly slowly. I increased the size of the window so I could see more. Also, please don't PM me for any links. I will ignore them.

It looks like ass and is impossible to play. I had to juggle between my gamepad and the mouse. If you want to play these games, do yourself a favor and save the money and buy a DS.

Sorry, I didn't understand your question but I have the emulator since a long moment: I have never stay this from anyone. When you have money and you know good persons you can do more...

Darkfader stay me a long time ago the emu was runing whit an nds file and he has deleted this emu for prefer Dualis, unfortunely he didn't request me to know what are runing on the picture. :P