Nintendo Rev.=Helmet?

Madi

actually, the latest gc games don't support progressive scan since the gc's in stores now don't have the digital output as older ones do.

those wanting the progressive scan now will have no choice but to buy a refurbished gc as thats what nintendo will tell you.

theres no doubt that nintendo will include hdtv as without it, they'll will be left behind the competition which they're trying to beat

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You just bought a Qoob right? You can force Progressive on ANY game from what I've read at the Maxconsole forums. And I never read anywhere or have seen any new cubes without the digital output. Nintendo still sells the component cables, and claims you can ONLY get them from Nintendo (Ya right, I was going to start selling some till I closed my store down)

Edit: Just did a few searches on Google. The only thing I can find regarding the lack of Digital Output, is from UK/AUS websites regarding launch systems lacking the digital port. NOTHING regarding the latest batches of Gamecubes in North America, or even in those places. Are you sure of this, because I've been out shopping lately myself and have looked at Cube games and always check out the prices of stuff I already own (And think, 'why didn't I wait?") and they're still the same.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/n...mponent_faq.jsp

Nintendo GameCube Component Video Questions

The Digital A/V Output port was removed from systems produced after May, 2004 (these systems will have a model number of DOL-101). If you have a Nintendo GameCube without this port, and you wish to play your games in progressive scan, you may be able to obtain a system that was made prior to the removal of the Digital A/V Output port. Please call our Consumer Service department at 1-800-255-3700 to discuss available options.

Additional Information:

Why have you removed the component video feature from the Nintendo GameCube?

On newer models of the Nintendo GameCube, we opted to remove the digital A/V out port from the system because we found that less than one percent of all Nintendo GameCube players used this feature.

Will future Nintendo GameCube games continue to have the progressive scan feature?

About one-third of licensee-published titles and over 90% of Nintendo-published titles currently have the progressive scan feature. We expect that most Nintendo-published titles will continue to support progressive scan. Each licensee will continue to make the decision of whether or not to include this feature in their future games.

well , the helmet.... we will have to wait and see , but that would be cool and gay at the same time cause like if the video was in the helmet :naughty: awsome.... it if made the atomsphere better :afro: even better but if it was a chunky heavy thing and it would make u feel sick or make u look like a tool then... no it would suk

well , the helmet.... we will have to wait and see , but that would be cool and gay at the same time cause like if the video was in the helmet :P awsome.... it if made the atomsphere better :D even better but if it was a chunky heavy thing and it would make u feel sick or make u look like a tool then... no it would suk

Well I don't think there is any danger or a helmet making you look more like a tool. :P

But I would hate a helmet since I hate hats. I always gets hat hair and it sucks, I mean suks.

I don't really get this helmet thing. Was it supposed to be a VR display to immerse you in the game? I don't see anything lame about that. Imagine playing a flight sim or racing game at hdtv res on a close wraparound screen. Now it might not do much for the next Mario Sunshine game, but it would certainly have a market.

Just not sure how you'd use the controller. Sure you rarely look at a controller in a game, but I just think it would be wierd to not be able to see it at all.