My updates

okay so just to let you all know, im working on a few things. I thought i would have them done by today, but writing all these guides at once takes longer than i thought it would.

So the guides im making are:

Modify your Xbox AV Cable so the Xbox things its a high def pack and you get DTS out and stuff (w00t)

Overclock your Dreamcast (there are other guides to doing this but im writing one just for here :rolleyes: )

Integrated VGA Adaptor for Dreamcast (again, its been done before, but still cool)

Portable USB Charging Device - Charge your USB devices like PDAs/Phones/etc.

--

Im also doing a special on the Philips DVP642 DVD player because its the coolest DVD player ever if you steal movies and tv shows like crazy.

Ill show you how to make it region free, macrovision free (partially), and some other cool stuff, all without opening it. It already plays DivX, Xvid (even though it says it doesnt) and a crapload of other formats (pretty much anything but Quicktime and Windows Media format....big surprise)

and uhh...i think thats it for now, i have a couple more ideas, but if i try to do anything more at once im going to explode.

Oh im a moderator now! Thanks alot! Its an honor to moderate this forum which i love so much :P Ill do my best! i really appreciate it.

Nice, you earned it buddy. :)

As I said on AIM, I'm very interested about the overclocking. I was only able to find 2 other guides (one in japanese and english) which were kind of hard to follow and never surpassed 240Mhz. :P

I suggest that shiba gets his own forum section where he handles problems on modding and other problems of that sort

*puts ballot in in ballot box in favor of it*

seriously dude, why not just have that all in one place instead of having everything helter skelter

but if you're worried about possible legal problems you can put a disclaimer or make it available only to premium members

Edited by Weirdy

What in the fork is the purpose of overclocking your Dreamcast besides possibly killing it sooner, when it's only going to get more difficult to find a Dreamcast?

* Agrees. It's a a video game console for chrissakes.

What in the fork is the purpose of overclocking your Dreamcast besides possibly killing it sooner, when it's only going to get more difficult to find a Dreamcast?

Well, some people here can't afford to buy a new $250 XBOX or a used one at $220 to emulate the NES/SNES at full speed. Therefore, overclocking the dreamcast isn't a bad idea. Sure, I may have to buy a minifan at my neighborhood "Wal-Mart", but it could work. Oh and I bought my used DreamCast for $30. :P

$250 or $220 used? You're from the US.......a brand spankin new Xbox Mech Assault bundle is only $229 in stores here in Canada (Which would be like $199 maybe less USD, and if you shop around online or use Ebay, even more less)......anyway that doesn't matter, I'd rather not fry my Dreamcast's SH4 and play my SNES on my PC in that case.

a used xbox costs 120..........150 new.....

LMAO, woooooppss.. got the prices mixed up by a $100... STILL PRICEY. I guess you can call me PWNED.

Oh well, it's been a long day. :P

• 1 month later...

Okay im ready to upload the XBox AV Cable tutorial and the Tutorial on a portable USB Charging Device

Gamecop, i lost all my login info when I reformatted my PC, so i need that again :( sorry about that.

And really there is no point in overclocking your Dreamcast, Some of your games will run slightly better, but not by much. The only REAL use for it, is it improves video playback in certain cases, i can watch DivX movies at 5-10 FPS faster now in certain cases. Im not sure if the whole procedure was worth it though. It was ALOT of work, and at one step if you have to bend this thingy up, and if you break it (easy to do) your DC is permanently screwed.

I already get tons of email because of these guides, which i dont mind at all. But i really dont want email from angry people who broke their Dreamcasts :( SO i dunno if i should post it or not