SSTenka Reports: 2nd Test

vip97189ly.th.jpg vip97207ib.th.jpg vip97218wc.th.jpg vip97220fr.th.jpg

WEEEEE! Loke test is in Tokyo at Club Sega Shinjuku.

LOCATION TEST REPORT

I'm conflicted now... A lot of people say the game feels great.

Aaaaaaaaw. Is it the Imoya effect ? Is Yuki doing the game after all ? I'M CONFLICTED !

CHARACTERS

So, we have

SS

Hanzô, Galford, Jubei, Ukyô, Nako, Haômaru, Charolette, Tamtam, Kyôshirô, Wanfu, Gen An, Amakusashirô Tokisada [everyone except Assquake]

SSS

Genjurô, Nicotine, Mizuki [everyone except Chamcham, Kuroko and Sieger]

Zan, Ten Samu

Rimururu, Shizumaru, Basara, Gaira, Zankurô, Sôgetsu, Kazuki [everyone]

SS0

Yoshitora, Unpi, Mina, Gedô, Rasetsumaru, Rera, Suijasama, Enjatan, Sankurô, Yumeji, Kyôgoku Hinowanokuni Gaô [everyone except Poppy]

Original

Matsuribayashi Sugoroku, Andrew, Karakuri Ochamaro

That’s quite a lot of characters. 36 ? What the… eh.

There are still some unused boxes, but since some characters like Amakusa and Gaô were CPU only, we may have the count ? Maybe 1 or 2 characters left ?

Also, there is a random. And Kuroko should be there.

Ochamaro

Comes out of a box like an automat. Cute. His voice reminds Ojamaru.

He has a move that reminds of the rekkaken (follow up).

Throw ( ?) where he transform the opponent in a doll and make him dance. Extra cute.

His bukitobashi makes him wear a mask like those dances of the lion and run forward.

Extremely cute.

Nicotine

Copipe from SSS. He has a new move where he creates an image of himself, which allows to create traps with the overhead (like with Jojo’s stand).

Mizuki is also a stand user now. (or maybe a little like Chizuru ?). Her nail move changed.

Yumeji

Nearly only new moves. No more morphings. Something like Moriya’s oboro, takes a pose then issen. Her tsubame kaeshi is like Ukyô’s in SSS, with the tsubame flying. Also, it’s slower. In the CPU demo, she composes tanka poetry. New voices, but same VA.

GenAn

Not a lot of reports. He has at least the triangle jump. I think he’s also copipe-d from SSS, but I’m not sure..

Zankurô has a new crouching slash, and 2 new moves.

Gaô’s dash move (I think?) is shorter, but has a new follow up. Also, his mirror move can hit the opponent.

MODES

Like Banchô said, the full list of modes are 剣 (ken) 怒 (ikari) 真 (shin) 斬 (zan) 天 (ten) 零 (zero). One mode for each game.

真 (Shin)

The E button has all the D moves from SS0 except 6D. Big offensive power. The character pauses when his ikari gauge is full, like in the first games. The bukitobashi destroys the weapon, which takes some time to come back on screen (not as much as in SSS, but still). Doll transformation ?

斬 (Zan)

E = evasion, close 6E = that weird dance where you go in your opponent’s back.

In air, E allows you to air guard. It feels like a blocking, it’s very hard to use for now.

AB allows you to charge your gauge. Big offensive power ?

天 (Ten)

E has the same properties on the ground as Zan mode.

AB allows Samurai Combination, at least AAA, BBC and AABBCCC. THE 14 slash may still be here, but the command hasn’t been discovered yet. With the 8 slash move, half of your gauge will fill, so the full combination should fill it completely.

ABC ikari bakuhatsu, ABC issen.

Like in TenSamu, when you ikari bakuhatsu, your ikari gauge will be longer if you have fewer energy. The power of the issen depends of this as well.

零 (Rei)

E = D moves in Zero. AB = meditation. ABC = ikari bakuhatsu. DE mu no kyôchi, ABC issen. The Kyôchi time depletes even faster than in Supisupe.

The Hiôgi and mikiri slide are only for剣(ken) mode. The mikiri allows to charge your gauge for the hiôgi.

The damage has been fixed from the last time. The strong slash deplete energy like it ought to, which means A LOT.

The issen is cool, the screen turns white and the characters are only shadows like in Hibiki’s move.

There is no death, and not even blood.

For now, the last stage is one of Supisupe’s 4 bosses (random ?)

For a reason, the normal throw is harder to do than a command throw like the mozu otoshi.

So... It... is... a good game ?

I'll wait for the finished product. I think it will be horribly unbalanced with all those modes (I hate the modes in any game) but at least fun to play at a low level ?

Hum.

Andrew is the guy with the rifle, Karakuri Ochamaro is the big freaky looking girl on the chair and Matsuribayashi Sugoroku is the dude...with a vase.

My love Yumeji is more original! YAY! Also note that Sankuro is in the game. Everyone from SS5 and SP - Poppy + 3 new charcaters + Nicotine, Gen-An. Dispite what it says here, it's at least 40 characters, not 36. And uhh, it's a dream match.

Edited by K`dash

woooo, Gen-an returns! Too bad they didn't go ahead and add Cham Cham and Seiger, though. Oh well, it sounds like it should be good.

Hmmm.....is Andrew coming from the PS 3D Samurai where Haohmaru is old? I remember there is a character using rifle there.

Andrew is new. The guy your talking about used a big paint brush.

Hmmm.....is Andrew coming from the PS 3D Samurai where Haohmaru is old? I remember there is a character using rifle there.

Nope, i am not talking about SS64. I am talking about the 3D SS on PlayStation One. Where we have an old Haohmaru and a bunch of new guys.

There is a guy with rifle.

Nope, i am not talking about SS64. I am talking about the 3D SS on PlayStation One. Where we have an old Haohmaru and a bunch of new guys.

There is a guy with rifle.

Not exactly a rifle. It was a sword with a small gun mount. Similar to what some japanese officers had during WW2. Which was a Katana with a pistol as it's handle.