Real Id.

Why are we complaining about a dinky little card and not other, more serious things, like the Patriot Act. It's amazing how the American people are willing to ignore anything that the government tells us to.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that measure passed since it was part of that Iraq Spending Plan.

However, states might challenge and even disobey it. The governers will try to challenge such a thing's constitutionalality. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../w155857D84.DTL

I honestly don't know if Arnold will challenge this

I know he wants to reform immigration, and education

but, you never know :lol:

Why are we complaining about a dinky little card and not other, more serious things, like the Patriot Act. It's amazing how the American people are willing to ignore anything that the government tells us to.

This could easily be used in cooperation with the Patriot Act to tighten the noose around our freedoms. Notice how I said could and not will. All this consolidation under the the Federal government should be challenged. But isn't it rather odd that such a thing was tacked on to a bill that would definitely pass? I find it quite fishy.

This could easily be used in cooperation with the Patriot Act to tighten the noose around our freedoms. Notice how I said could and not will. All this consolidation under the the Federal government should be challenged. But isn't it rather odd that such a thing was tacked on to a bill that would definitely pass? I find it quite fishy.

What bill was it tacked on to? And can you just pin thngs to bills even if they aren't directly related?

What bill was it tacked on to? And can you just pin thngs to bills even if they aren't directly related?

It was part of this bill. More commonly it is called the $82 billion Iraq Supplemental Spending Bill. And yes, you'd be suprised at how people try to tack on special statutes onto every bill that goes through Congress.

with something like this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/05/10/gov...cker/index.html

i AM worried.

wtf does the iraqi spending bill hafta do with a real national id anyways?

and how the flock can they pass it without even discussing it?

You think they can't hack into wherever you put your information now? I would hope they'd protect their systems more after a failure like that, too.