a annoying volume problem

Prican25

well i normally use musicmatch as my default mp3 player but when not in use theres a annoying problem: if the volume left on musicmatch is set low, it will stay that way in windows and any app for sound untill you reopen musicmatch and adjust the volume back to where you want it.

i hate to get rid of musicmatch as i like it for its features so i'm wondering if anyone knows a way to fix it so it does take total controll of the volume for my speakers in windows?

media players usually have their own sound control (like winamp)

does musicmatch? I usually just manage my volume from the soundcard, and leave everything at maximum

but if I was in your situation, I'd lower the volume on the media player, lower the volume on windows and just play around with the volume on the soundcard

idk, this a strange volume problem

It's simple..

MusicMatch doesn't use it's own volume control and uses the WAV volume and CD volume instead on Windows. So it's simple, don't use the Music Match volume control. Just stick with the regular Windows Volume Control. :banghead:

Err try looking in the options, I know theres a checkbox just for this specific thing. To return the volume to what it was.

I stopped using Musicmatch awhile ago though. I hated the way Winamp was, but MMJB has gotten really bloated since about v7, and Winamp got better before it's demise.