Half Life 2 Aftermath

Diso

* The time to play it through will be about 1/3 of the time needed for HL2

That was pretty short! I remember watching a video where a guy beat HL2 in 2 hrs plus. So this guy will beat this game in 40 min? :P

If it's only through Steam and you have to pay for it, I'm not getting it the "legal" way.

I support you here. With games as big as this, I expect them to be avaialble in record time :o

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's only through Steam and you have to pay for it, I'm not getting it the "legal" way.

For all of its faults, Steam is actually a pretty good system. In fact, there's really only one major fault, and that's the temporary server issues at release time.

But maybe I'm biased. Anything that could lead to greater creative control, and therefore variety, and/or lower costs in games is ok by me.

For all of its faults, Steam is actually a pretty good system. In fact, there's really only one major fault, and that's the temporary server issues at release time.

But maybe I'm biased. Anything that could lead to greater creative control, and therefore variety, and/or lower costs in games is ok by me.

Steam is the first venture of its kind so it's not going to be perfect. I have never had any problems with it (minus Steam Friends NEVER working) so I like it a lot. I want my money to go directly to Valve.

Steam is the first venture of its kind so it's not going to be perfect. I have never had any problems with it (minus Steam Friends NEVER working) so I like it a lot. I want my money to go directly to Valve.

lol steam runs.

Good concept, it's just, very very shietty.

Exactly. It isn't a perfect system yet, but it's a step in a new direction. Since that direction might possibly lead to some much-needed reform in the industry, to the benefit of developers and consumers alike, I am in support of it.

And yeah, all the trash talk I've heard about Steam has been totally blown out of proportion. It takes five seconds longer to load on my system than Half Life did before it, that's it. That's not worth getting all butthurt about, IMO.

How is it very very shietty? People need to stop blowing stuff out of proportion.

You weren't there!

I remember when it took 4 hours to get Counter-Strike to work!

Just remember, Steam will always be done for being an asshole to anyone when updates occure.

4 hours to get CS to work? Was it the authentication process? I knew that was slow sometime back.

But Steam updates are fast and great for me too. I guess I just never got hit with the problems. Knock on wood.

4 hours to get CS to work? Was it the authentication process? I knew that was slow sometime back.

But Steam updates are fast and great for me too. I guess I just never got hit with the problems. Knock on wood.

No, it was just starting it.

Then there was teh annoying steam updates that would crash the client randomly.

There was also the random HL.EXE crash. And the AUTH didn't take 4 hours since I already owned the game. The HL2 auth took a whole day.

Sounds like you're judging it based on the beta. I started using it near the end of the beta and it's never been anywhere near that bad for me. HL1, CS1 and DoD worked without any problems, offline and on. HL2 authed in seconds for me just a few days after launch. Granted, not being able to auth it on launch day would have been an issue, but I consider it a growing pain. No need to throw out the baby with the bathwater, as it were.