I wanna go to E3

Inky

Dont get your hopes up. just working at a game store does NOT guarantee you a spot at e3. It is usually the managers and regionals that get to go. If all it took was a job at some game store, there would be a LOT more kiddies at e3, something they do not want.

The only reason its the managers that get to go is that they are the ones that can get the time off, or that the company might be willing to front the hotel/travel bills for.

Anyone who works at a video game retailer is eligible to go to E3 for free. You can register using industry ID that is available to you. Whether or not you can get the time off is another story, especially when your manager and other employees all want it off too..

All of the stores I've worked at, or that friends have worked at, have gone to E3 in "shifts." Actually, that's how it worked for the grunts at Sony Online Entertainment too. Some employees go one day, then a different group goes the next, etc.

Your location doesn't matter in terms of eligibility, but obviously it's up to you to get there.

As for registering after you're no longer employed... You'll have to get your registration through while you're working, or as soon as you quit, but I've known several people who have quit right after they registered and got in fine.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I was 18 I would work at a EB or apply to work at a EB now because in summer both EB and Gamestop stop looking for employers, well, this is from the last two years, in my area , I still got 3 years left :P