iDeaS

Federelli

Has some depth rendering issues, a pretty bad ARM, but a perfet THUMB ALU.
Yeah, it nails me to the wall on Thumb, basically. And I have plenty of depth rendering issues, like not having any polygons to depth-differentiate. Basically, it's overall ahead.

I downloaded and tested that iDeaS emu.

1. It only supports bin and nds files.

2. It doesn't read the command line, so you cannot drag a bin file onto the exe.

3. The open, close, play, pause, stop options all work.

4. The debugger does nothing.

I tested all my BIN files. They either crashed the emu or gave a blank screen.... except for ONE GAME that works perfectly. It is called TetrisARM9.bin

1. It only supports bin and nds files.

2. It doesn't read the command line, so you cannot drag a bin file onto the exe.

4. The debugger does nothing.

1. I'd expect that, it being a DS emulator and all. I'm kinda the exception, with a GBA core.

3. You seem implicity annoyed about that Close thing. Don't worry, I'll get on it at some point :D

ONE GAME works perfectly. It is called TetrisARM9.bin
Even with the new X/Y buttons? (I think DM has those do something with Tetris, but I'm not sure.)

3. You seem implicity annoyed about that Close thing. Don't worry, I'll get on it at some point :D

Implicit... hmmm... I guess I did imply that.

ONE GAME works perfectly. It is called TetrisARM9.bin
Even with the new X/Y buttons? (I think DM has those do something with Tetris, but I'm not sure.)

Sorry I don't understand... What are X/Y buttons? What is DM?

I don't possess the DS or any other console - I just perform tests with the emus in the hope that it may help you somehow. The Tetris game may, for all I know, be missing layers and colours - but it does run and plays perfectly well.

This ideas emu also has no.ini file, and no log file.

It does have a second screen, but I've yet to see anything on it.

Perhaps it only works with a.nds rom. I don't have any of those.

The doco says that the mouse works as a touch screen - point at the screen and click left button to simulate a touch. Again, without a DS rom, I cannot try that.

Edited by robbbert

.The doco says that the mouse works as a touch screen - point at the screen and click left button to simulate a touch. Again, without a DS rom, I cannot try that.

That's exactly how the PalmOS emulator handles it. I've talked about it before, and how it would suit perfectly for DS emulators as well.

All my DS demos work on iDeaS, and almost as they do on Dualis. but as i said, the emu has depth issues. :D

Also no X/Y support, those buttons should change the bg color of the top screen, but nothing happens, so they aren't supported.

Edited by Federelli

What are X/Y buttons? What is DM?
X and Y are the two new buttons on the DS, in addition to A/B/L/R/dpad. DM is DesktopMan, who wrote the Tetris demo; I dunno if he checks the status of X and Y, see.
I just perform tests with the emus in the hope that it may help you somehow.
And very appreciated it is, sir. It's good to know the current status of other projects in the field.
Perhaps it only works with a.nds rom. I don't have any of those.
PDroms.de is starting up a DS section; there should be a fair few demos on there by now.

That's exactly how the PalmOS emulator handles it. I've talked about it before, and how it would suit perfectly for DS emulators as well.
And it's exactly how we've all been doing things for weeks, sir. Of course, none of the relevant demos actually run here, so I can't show anything.