Converting.asf to.avi or better?

Quality stays the same no matter how many times you convert it to a different format, the more you convert it, the more quality you lose.

Quality stays the same no matter how many times you convert it to a different format, the more you convert it, the more quality you lose.

You do realize that there's a huge contradiction in what you just said, don't you?

Or then I'm stupid.

You do realize that there a huge contradiction in what you just said, don't you?

Or then I'm stupid.

Yeah, I kept reading it over and over again trying to make sense of it.

You do realize that there a huge contradiction in what you just said, don't you?

Or then I'm stupid.

Follow it like Audio codecs. It's how I see it. The quality stays the same first hand, then seeminging if you keep doing it to said format to another format, quality degrades, like audio.

It just hit me I didn't say it clear enough.

Edited by K`dash

Or then I'm stupid.

Follow it like Audio codecs. It's how I see it. The quality stays the same first hand, then seeminging if you keep doing it to said format to another format, quality degrades, like audio.

It just hit me I didn't say it clear enough.

But quality does degrade after each conversion, even if the degrading is unnoticeable at first.

the way i c it is, u can only degrade a file with converting, it'll never make it better, since (i don't think) u can't add more data to the file to make it better but u can only strip data from a file