What CPU to get..?

hisokano1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I haven't really heard much about DFI but I checked up on NewEgg to see the user comments and they seem to be quite positive.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....MP=OTC-d3alt1me

and here are user reviews for the Neo4: http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingRev...item=13-130-484

I'm sure either one will suit you fine. You should compare and contrast the features and stuff.

Seemingly you seem to want to save money and skip out on getting bundles and just grab OEMs.

Vsync sucks on LCD monitors.

Edited by K`dash

just so you know, both of those motherboards use PCI Express slot for video cards.

i only mention it since you said you recently bought the 6600 card and you're current motherboard is using agp so if you do choose to get either of those boards, you'll need a new video card too which is more money depending on the card you choose.

btw, i recently bought the msi board mentioned, nice board with a lot of features and i'm gonna install it and the rest of my new pc goods tonight :P

yeh thx for mentioning issue regarding the video card.

i was just about to ask if pci-express is better than agp.. im not quite sure.. :P

and if i do change board i suppose i'll just hav to shift my card to another comp n buy a pci-express card :) prob the 6600GT that i wanted ehhe.. cos itz not as expensive as the 6800s and it is a good card ye? anyone think itz not or hav better suggestions?

an another thing is..

im just reading my gf6600 box now.. and it has PCI Express/AGP 8x.. ??

does that mean it can be used on both types of MBs??

:P  eeeeeek so lost..  :)

One would think so, at least I would.