A look at AIM's Terms of Service

Gryph

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mozilla needs to make an instant messaging program with the same philosophies used on firefox and thunderbird. Full-featured, but simple and efficient, with a small footprint and low overhead, and infinetly and easily modifyable through plugins. For that matter, they need to make an mp3 player too, winamp is turning into bloatware.

FireFox is awsome, havent had a single problem with it yet, I downloaded it a month ago and it's better then IE most deffentetly, but , if they made a IM service to compete against today's , do you think it'll actually go far? Enough people I know on aim are ignorent enough

Mozilla needs to make an instant messaging program with the same philosophies used on firefox and thunderbird.  Full-featured, but simple and efficient, with a small footprint and low overhead, and infinetly and easily modifyable through plugins.  For that matter, they need to make an mp3 player too, winamp is turning into bloatware.

Foobar2000. If you are starting to dislike winamp.

Mozilla needs to make an instant messaging program with the same philosophies used on firefox and thunderbird.  Full-featured, but simple and efficient, with a small footprint and low overhead, and infinetly and easily modifyable through plugins.  For that matter, they need to make an mp3 player too, winamp is turning into bloatware.

I've used it for more than a year, and it works really great. I haven't used WinAmp for a very long time.

I've used it for more than a year, and it works really great. I haven't used WinAmp for a very long time.

The only thing that prefvents me from switching over to Foobar2000 is because it's SPC part lacks features that SNESAmp has. :P

Due to the recent commotion over this AOL is going to make a few changes to their TOS.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1776146,00.asp

The modifications will use similar language from the AIM privacy policy to "make it clear that AOL does not read private user-to-user communications," Weinstein said.

"We'll be adding that to the beginning of the section to make it clear that the privacy rights discussed in that section only refer to content posted to public areas of the AIM service.

I installed FooBar...it's not bad but I love my System Shock 2 Winamp skin. :P Plus I have my playlists set up really weird so FooBar can't read them properly.