About System Restore (XP)

I find myself using this option a lot...since I'm tinkering around with uninstalling hardware etc. In any case, I just wanted to know, are updates to Virus protection affected by reverting to a previous restore point. Just yesterday I had found some nasty hijack trojans....but a little bit ago I used a restore point. Will the trojans still be removed? Also feel free to contribute anything else I should know about System Restore in regards to its effects on the system (aside from programs...those are not saved).

Edited by Sturmvogel

Sometimes system restore has saved my butt, like yesterday when

my internet connection went busted and everytime I scaned with ad-aware it would always reboot my computer, but I talked to a guy thats a friend of ryu's father, he works out in testing controlers for logitech and he explained to me that system restore and system recovery doesnt delete files just replaces everything with new files from there original state, don't know if thats true tho

System Recovery isn't all that it's hopped up to be. Actually, I've disabled System Restore on all harddrives because the way I have it set up, if anything goes horribly wrong which going into safe mode won't fix, it's time for a reformat.

Well...I was tinkering around with my Mouse settings (still haven't been able to program my logitech mouse, although it works). For some reason, when I uninstalled the logictech mouse, my touchpad config got removed as well. Luckily I had a system restore from about a week and a half ago.

In those instances Gryph, I think its useful. But I think it really depends on your computer and how its set up. I have a laptop with one drive...and I have a very simple setup as probably compared to your more complicted setup.