What's the best DVD+R Media?

NeoMaster

Yeah, I was wondering what would you guys recommend for gaming/movie purposes?

From my experiences these brands are great.

Maxell 4x 9/10

Memorex 4x 8/10

Memorex 8x 10/10

Sony (unknown)

Vakoss (unknown)

Verbatim (unknown)

Mitsumi (unknown)

Kodak (unknown)

So, give your ratings for the unknowns or knowns and recommend some that aren't on the list.

For movies, don't use DVD+R. Use DVD-R(better in compairson).

Verbatim, Memorex, TDK, Fujifilm +Rs are grade.

Verbatim DVD-R are best quality i've ever used.

DVD+Rs lean towards more data oreinted tasks, while DVD-R leans more towards media(DVD Audio/Movies).

I like using the +R format because it works on my ps2 and movies so meh. I don't like the idea of buying + and - because...money doesn't grow on bushes.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried mitsumi, they look reasonable but I see them in stores in a 100 pk for 40 CAD. I'm a little paranoid that they have the price because it..well, stinkxors.

I live in Toronto. And they do NOT cost the same,

Fujifilm 50 pk is $50.

Maxell 50 pk is $40

Memorex 50 pk is $50

Vakoss 100 pk is $50

Mitsumi 100 pk is $40

Prices from BestBuy.ca

My god, this is the first time I've seen a dual layer disc on sale. 3 pk for 40 bucks? Dearest me. I need one to get Gran Turismo 4...

Edited by NeoMaster

gt4 can't be played via backup due to some new protection.

i personaly used ritek G04 -r and verbatim -r the most and they work damn good.

i also used fuji film -r which works decently on my ps2 but my xbox is picky with them (works for normal games but not with making emulator discs). i only got the fuji's due to a nice christmas sale (50pk for $10; bought 4)

gt4 can't be played via backup due to some new protection.

i personaly used ritek G04 -r and verbatim -r the most and they work damn good.

i also used fuji film -r which works decently on my ps2 but my xbox is picky with them (works for normal games but not with making emulator discs). i only got the fuji's due to a nice christmas sale (50pk for $10; bought 4)

I doubt gt 4 is unplayable. I'm still going to try when I get a dual layered though. I saw the iso on some torrent sites and they wouldn't have uploaded it if it didn't work.

:clapping: man torrents can have anything, working or not

its been in many ps2 forums that the game doesn't work as a burnt copy due to a new protection however if you can get a hk silver of the game it does work since its pressed and not burnt.

if you notice theres not a usa release of the game except for one that was nuked since the morons at JEI that released it, thought it was dvd5 (windows only sees the first layer of a dvd9 disc).

:clapping: man torrents can have anything, working or not

its been in many ps2 forums that the game doesn't work as a burnt copy due to a new protection however if you can get a hk silver of the game it does work since its pressed and not burnt.

if you notice theres not a usa release of the game except for one that was nuked since the morons at JEI that released it, thought it was dvd5 (windows only sees the first layer of a dvd9 disc).

Ahh, the terminology is hurting me. Well, it never hurts to try. I just need for those pesky dual layers prices to go down.

PS: What's the difference between dvd5 and dvd9?

Edited by NeoMaster