What's the best DVD+R Media?

NeoMaster

DVD5 = single layer disc thats 4.7gb rounding to 5gb disc hence DVD5

DVD9 is a dual-layer disc thats 8.5gb rounding to 9gb disc hence DVD9

The funny thing is that a normal DVD R can only hold about 4.4 gbs and a dual layer is about 8.2.

The thing is with Gran Turismo is that the image I have is 4.95 GB because I ripped it myself and I was thinking that if I just burned it on a dual layer disc it would work.

DVD5 = single layer disc thats 4.7gb rounding to 5gb disc hence DVD5

DVD9 is a dual-layer disc thats 8.5gb rounding to 9gb disc hence DVD9

The funny thing is that a normal DVD R can only hold about 4.4 gbs and a dual layer is about 8.2.

So true. You have no idead how many times I've noticed to my dismay that the anime series I want to burn is just above 4.4 GBs. :) Those who manufacture DVD-R and the like should start writing the actual amount of storage space on the cover.

But then again, these misconceptions originate from the Gigabytes vs. Gibibytes standard.

I just want to say, don't buy the cheapest thing out there. I bought a 100 pack of Accu brand 4x DVD-R (purple media) about a year ago, and I've been kicking myself because they are basically incompatible with my dvd player (a very touchy LITE-ON LVD-2002). They work fine on my computer though, so I use them for data storage.

My favorite site for blank media is cdrdvdrmedia.com. Those Accu discs for example are $30 for 100. The Verbatim 8x are $33 for 50. I want to find something very reliable for around $40-50 per 100.

gt4 as far i as i read is 5.3gb

i'm gonna buy the game later today so i can tell you what the actaully size is in a update.

yeah the sizes they go by i believe is in bytes or kilobytes, you can notice it if you ever load a blank dvd5 in dvd decrypter and it will say 4,707,319,808 bytes.

gt4 as far i as i read is 5.3gb

i'm gonna buy the game later today so i can tell you what the actaully size is in a update.

yeah the sizes they go by i believe is in bytes or kilobytes, you can notice it if you ever load a blank dvd5 in dvd decrypter and it will say 4,707,319,808 bytes.

Thanks, I ripped it using Alcohol but I may have done it wrong or something if it's supposed to be 5.3 gb.