comics to movies

Inky

It'll be awsome if it's spider-man+venom against carnage+harryosborn's version of greengoblin.

But that's just a fantasy match, and my friend told me like 2 years back that venom was liscened by another company for it's movie rights, so Idk if that liscense is still not with columbia, but I think there going to introduce 2 villians this time, who, im not sure or care at the moment since I know it's going to kick ass ethier way.

All three of the villians they've brought into play so far (Norman, Dock-Ock, Harry) have played on the internal conflict that the Spider-Man comics used to do so well with Parker. They could pull that off with the Lizard (being Parker's prof) or Venom (on a number of basis), but definately not with Carnage, as he's just a mindless killing machine. He would also be really watered down in anything less than an R-rated flick.

Also, most people don't remember it, but I really liked the short-lived days of Venom as a psychological villian. In his first few appearances, he was tormenting Mary Jane while disguised as Spider Man (who was wearing an identical, but non-living, black costume at the time). This made her paranoid and uncomfortable around the black costume and spider-man in general, and led to the switch back to the red and blues in the comics. A few issues later, an artist who hated the character (Larsen, I think. McFarlane did his first apearances.) was asked to draw him and made him the oversized, drooling idiot he is today. Those early days would play well with the 2nd movie's focus on bringing Mary Jane into the action, and with the internal dialog they seem to like for the new movies.

I remember hearing about a potential Venom movie, but I don't think it panned out, so they can probably get the character if they need it (based on the amazing (ba-dum-ching) success of the movies).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think the next X will be the Phenoix arc.

yeah I get that feeling too.

I liked the recent Spider Man movies as well, because they were tasteful hollywood-izations of the comics. I can see why a lot of people called the first one cheezy, but most of that had to do with swapping Gwen Stacy for Mary Jane. If they'd used the actual ending from the comic books, I think fewer people would have had that problem, but it wouldn't have been hollywood-safe.

Well, the story isn't based on the original issues of Spider-Man, this handles more towards the newer issues (such as Ultimint) while taking some parts (such the whole scene where Jane is falling in Spidy-2) from the original Amazing Spider-Man series.

I'd like to see Punisher vs Wolverine movie, just beacuse their both badass, don't care, and can cause tons of damage against each other (and telling from The Punisher's side of things, killing Logan a whole bunch).

I really think the next X will be the Phenoix arc.

yeah I get that feeling too.

I liked the recent Spider Man movies as well, because they were tasteful hollywood-izations of the comics. I can see why a lot of people called the first one cheezy, but most of that had to do with swapping Gwen Stacy for Mary Jane. If they'd used the actual ending from the comic books, I think fewer people would have had that problem, but it wouldn't have been hollywood-safe.

Well, the story isn't based on the original issues of Spider-Man, this handles more towards the newer issues (such as Ultimint) while taking some parts (such the whole scene where Jane is falling in Spidy-2) from the original Amazing Spider-Man series.

I'd like to see Punisher vs Wolverine movie, just beacuse their both badass, don't care, and can cause tons of damage against each other (and telling from The Punisher's side of things, killing Logan a whole bunch).

Yeah, I know it's not exactly like the old stories (there is a lot more than 2 hours worth between meeting gwen and the death of norman osborn), but that's what I meant about the hollywood-ization. I thought they did a good job of condensing the old stories, rather than re-writing them completely, for the movie audiences. They kept what really counts, I guess is what I'm saying. I quit reading when they went through the whole clone crap, so if they did it the same way in a recent series, I don't know.

Marvel has done alot of cross over's. Well at least in my point of view. I wish I could read the secret war comic's were spidy got his venom costume, anyone have links?

how about a link to your local comic book store. or google.

a stand alone weapon x wolverine story would kick mucho butt.

I just hope in the next x movie the give some more xmen screen time.

Sin City is going to be beyond awesome. Probably the first comic book movie to be completely faithful to the comic. The movie has no storyboard, the graphic novel is serving as that.

Watch the trailer: http://images.apple.com/movies/miramax/sin...n_city_m480.mov

and Comic Con footage: http://cyberpunk.pardey.org/tv/sincity_comiccon.mov

If you've read the comic then you know how spot on the movie is from that footage.

Finally watch it. Wow, that's really awesome with some old Dick Tracy movie style. So, when that movie is really out.

That pretty hooked me out. :P