RPGs; Eastern vs. Western

Which style of RPG suits you best?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ad Hominem? WTf is that? Read a dictionary.

And to my knowledge I haven't done anything wrong so far. Gryph and his goons would've stopped me if I had.

Ad Hominem means "against the man," and refers to personal attacks which really have no bearing whatsoever on the discussion at hand. The term can be directly applied to the 5th line in the list of board rules:
» No personal attacks allowed. Restrict your comments to the opinions stated instead of focusing on the person who wrote it.
It could also be applied to your posts in response to garageink, k'dash, and myself.

Ad Hominem argumentative attacks may be persuasive on the schoolyard, but are easily recognizable as wasted breath to most reasonably educated adults.

Yeah, NeoMaster you basically lost the arguement once you started ad hominem attacks. If you know anything about debate then that is the number one thing to avoid. Not to mention the straw man fallacies. Anyway, I printed the part of this thread that I missed so I have something to read during Psychology class. :)

I just read this news. This is for you Eastern RPGers. :)

Hironobu Sakaguchi - creator of the Final Fantasy franchise - has signed up with Microsoft Game Studios to create two exclusive Xbox Next role-playing games:

"Sakaguchi-san has taken role-playing games — traditionally a niche market — and introduced them to a broad and diverse audience across the globe," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of Worldwide Marketing and Publishing at Microsoft. "We are ecstatic to work with Sakaguchi-san and celebrate what this news means not only for Xbox, but for gamers worldwide."

"I'm excited about the two epic game titles we will be developing," Sakaguchi said. "A number of talented creators have signed on to help develop these games, and I'm confident we will be able to create games that provide gamers with a new kind of thrill.

"Microsoft's cutting-edge technologies in the next-generation platform will allow me to bring to life an array of ideas that I have had for many years," Sakaguchi said. "I want these games to be alive with a new vision for gaming and vividly depict new characters that will transcend the game, find a place in the hearts of gamers, and make time spent with my games a fond and long-lasting memory."

It could also be applied to your posts in response to garageink, k'dash, and myself.

Ad Hominem argumentative attacks may be persuasive on the schoolyard, but are easily recognizable as wasted breath to most reasonably educated adults.

So basically stating that I'm not educated. Wow, your hypocrisy astounds me. Why don't you rephrase and say to use nicer words for insults instead of being more direct?

I really didn't want to offend you...especially after showing how much school you've been enriched with. Wow, you know a Latin phrase and can look up racism in the dictionary. Yet you say my agruments are straw, you haven't provided any good arguments and ride on garageink's back and defend him while at the same time putting words in his mouth? If he wanted to reply to me he should of done so himself, if its not your business you should just stay out, or maybe you are just contending K'dash's troll position.

Edited by NeoMaster

I just read this news. This is for you Eastern RPGers. :)

Hironobu Sakaguchi - creator of the Final Fantasy franchise - has signed up with Microsoft Game Studios to create two exclusive Xbox Next role-playing games:

"Sakaguchi-san has taken role-playing games — traditionally a niche market — and introduced them to a broad and diverse audience across the globe," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of Worldwide Marketing and Publishing at Microsoft. "We are ecstatic to work with Sakaguchi-san and celebrate what this news means not only for Xbox, but for gamers worldwide."

"I'm excited about the two epic game titles we will be developing," Sakaguchi said. "A number of talented creators have signed on to help develop these games, and I'm confident we will be able to create games that provide gamers with a new kind of thrill.

"Microsoft's cutting-edge technologies in the next-generation platform will allow me to bring to life an array of ideas that I have had for many years," Sakaguchi said. "I want these games to be alive with a new vision for gaming and vividly depict new characters that will transcend the game, find a place in the hearts of gamers, and make time spent with my games a fond and long-lasting memory."

Good, finally the Bill-BOX will get something worth playing.

Regards to that, I might have to start saving money for a Bill-BOX.