EA at it again?

NeoMaster

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ubisoft has answered to the taking over of their shares by calling it a "hostile act" , so they have asked for financial backup from the french government... Backup was given, but not from the french government, surprisingly from a rival company, Infogrames which stated that they will do whatever it takes to stop this growing hydra....

What I just wrote is official, don't remember the source though...

/me walks away and goes to a google search engine and trys to find more review on upcoming games

Why don't you Google up some lessons on business and how it works. It'll give you an idea how insanely competative and cut throat the business world is. And what happened to the great zeal of learning to be part of game industry you exhibited a few weeks ago? :rolleyes:

You may think it's mean, but you should seriously educate yourself before you make a fool of yourself in the real world. Online forums don't matter.

bleh, I just hate being insulted in the manner you so describe as "educational" , makes me feel like your a teacher. bleh , I'll look it up, learn more, makes me a better person, now working for the gaming industry looks alot tougher then just coding....

edit:Thanks alot for slapping me with reality

Edited by Drake

Hey man, that's how I learned. I would be a failure if I didn't learn algebra in 4th grade and geometry in 5th. No joke. And those tactics worked, I'm glad I was pushed like that. My father always tells me what good is knowledge if you can't teach it to someone. That's the kind of family I have...:rolleyes: Where science is a dinner topic, so boring. :lol:

Ubisoft has answered to the taking over of their shares by calling it a "hostile act" , so they have asked for financial backup from the french government... Backup was given, but not from the french government, surprisingly from a rival company, Infogrames which stated that they will do whatever it takes to stop this growing hydra....

What I just wrote is official, don't remember the source though...

The Latest Game informer says the situation is being watched by the French government, which regularly helps french businesses in this way. They want to preserve the deals ubisoft has with other french companies, and by extension their own economy, I suppose.

Ubsisoft itself is considering a buyout of Eidos as a line of defense. How buying out a crappy company like Eidos is going to save them, I'm not entirely sure.

Infogrames has said it is willing to help but (as of the Game Informer writing), nothing solid has been laid down. Chairman Bruno Bonnel told reuters "When Ubisoft has defined the limits within which it is prepared to work, they know we are ready to listen." and "I hope Ubisoft will find ways to defend itself so that Infogrames does not become the last bastion in the European video games community. It would be a pity to see great European creations end up in a relatively hegemonic US conglomerate." While I can't help but imagine he said that first sentence with a sly smile, I can't agree more on the second one.

It has also been rumored that Vivendu Universal, also a French company, has made mention of a merger with Ubisoft. This was denied by Vivendi, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Interests:Seinfeld, emulation, PC games, 2D fighters, stand up comedy, everything humor, good movies, really bad movies...and much more. Biology because I am a pre-medical student.

Just posting up your interests, :rolleyes:. and yes gryph, being 14 in miami is a biatch, because im taking algebra now, in my teen years, not in 4th or 5th grade, next year im taking geomtry, miami is consedered a dumb state in the us, and the only reason im taking weak classes is because the students here don't pass if they don't take this courses at this rate, none will pass. Even most don't pass at this slow rate

Edited by Drake

Interests:Seinfeld, emulation, PC games, 2D fighters, stand up comedy, everything humor, good movies, really bad movies...and much more. Biology because I am a pre-medical student.

Just posting up your interests, :P. and yes gryph, being 14 in miami is a biatch, because im taking algebra now, in my teen years, not in 4th or 5th grade, next year im taking geomtry, miami is consedered a dumb state in the us, and the only reason im taking weak classes is because the students here don't pass if they don't take this courses at this rate, none will pass. Even most don't pass at this slow rate

Dude, I'm from Louisiana. I think my state is ranked lower than yours in education. What I'm saying is I learned it outside of school. I officially took Algebra in 8th grade and Geometry in 9th. I'm just saying you should take initiative outside of school to broader your horizons. Of course, I'm not saying you start learning crap well beyond your reach (as I did :rolleyes:) but you should start taking some outside interest in that.

Damn, now I'm being all preachy. Just ignore me or you'll become a workaholic. :lol: