7.2Ghz!?!?

i beat he used the cell from sony, lol anyway that's crazy, y would anyone need a computer that fast, for now

Overclocking isn't done because someone needs a really fast computer. It's done just for the challenge of it. It's like climbing Mt. Everest. Why would anyone want to do it? Just to say you did it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was just playing in the first part and i kinda understand y people would do such thing but it's just that i think it's a waste of time

i beat he used the cell from sony, lol anyway that's crazy, y would anyone need a computer that fast, for now

Overclocking isn't done because someone needs a really fast computer. It's done just for the challenge of it. It's like climbing Mt. Everest. Why would anyone want to do it? Just to say you did it.

No one can stop computer junkies who want the push the limit on current generation hardware.

1.5 Ghz Geforce 4.

Ever see that?

i was just playing in the first part and i kinda understand y people would do such thing but it's just that i think it's a waste of  time

It's called a hobby. Something you do for self-gratification outside of work. Try getting a hobby, it's great.

No one can stop computer junkies who want the push the limit on current generation hardware.

1.5 Ghz Geforce 4.

Ever see that?

1.5ghz GeForce 4? Where?! But more importantly, how?

1.5ghz GeForce 4? Where?! But more importantly, how?

I'll take pics at my next LAN. My friend $age got his GeForce 4 64mb overclocked to a 1.5 GHz on stock cooling, lasted for about 30 minutes before his computer shut off by it self.

Stuff: that thingy that overclocks nVidia cards, Time, a fire extinguisher, cold room.

Edited by K`dash

Ahahaha! Ok, so it's not stable. That's what I thought. What's the fastest stable he's gotten and how is performance.

Imagine being able to have it run at 1.5 ghz long enough to run a benchmark...

That's insane. I bet someone can eventually make it stable enough to get some benchmarking results. Still, I don't understand why is it so awesome to overclock stuff when you risk the hardware itself...

Even if it's just to show-off. Eh, I'm more of a "do it if it benefits you" kind of a person. Then again, I don't use this motto in every situation.

PC hardware is completely about bragging rights.

Like right now. Look folks, I got an AMD 64 3200+ thats overclocked to 2.50 GHz and a ATi Radeon 9800 Pro clocked at 405/371 on stock!

I've no idea how high his card can go with being stable, I've only witnessed this event once. And we do plan on doing it again while theres still snow on the ground here.

damn hurry up intel come out with those ghz already so we can play pcsx2 like nothing :( lol j/k

seriously though if any one had that machine in these forums someone is gonna have to make a thread for the new dictator. :clapping:

Edited by LoRd_SnOw