Guys, help, my dream aint coming true!

Lucandrake

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endeavours? What does that mean? I sorta get the sentence and the basic meaning of the word, but whats the actuall definition?

One thing you'll have to do is learn to look up and research things yourself and not have everything hand fed to you.

Main Entry: en·deav·or

1 archaic : to strive to achieve or reach

2 : to attempt (as the fulfillment of an obligation) by exertion of effort <endeavors to finish the race>

Endeavours? What does that mean? I sorta get the sentence and the basic meaning of the word, but whats the actuall definition?

One thing you'll have to do is learn to look up and research things yourself and not have everything hand fed to you.

Main Entry: en·deav·or

1 archaic : to strive to achieve or reach

2 : to attempt (as the fulfillment of an obligation) by exertion of effort

Mr. G gets imaginery cookies just because he looked stuff up. :punk:

Guys, this is screwed up, the debugger for UT2004 won't run without crashing my computer, im off to look for forums that help in the coding of UT2004, im going to do that, on tuesdays and thursdays, work on 2004 and moding, and on mondays and wednesdays , I'll work on small games and debuging those, friday saturday and sunday are a free day's until I need them...

Since I've been doing some UT2K4 stuff recently, I'll toss you a bone on this one, in the form of links:

First, the UDN: http://udn.epicgames.com/Main/WebHome

It's the official place, so theoretically it should be a starting place, but it's really only good for certain things (at least, without being a licenscee). Either way, it should be on your bookmarks list.

Next, the official programming board: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/forum...php?forumid=269

This is another no-brainer. Just make sure you LOOK STUFF UP before you ask for something in there.

The Unreal Wiki: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/

This thing is IMMENSELY useful. If you're not familiar with the concept, it's basically an online encyclopedia on all things Unreal, in terms of content creation. It's maintained by end users though, so there is a slight degree of unofficial-ness.

UnCodeX: http://unreal.student.utwente.nl/uncodex-ut2004/

This is basically an API spec for the UnrealScript language. It has all the classes native to UT2004 cross-referenced with variables, functions, etc for ease of use. Another must-have on your bookmarks list.

Also, the debugger blows. You might try using WOTgreal, but I've been debugging by hand to good effect.

So there's that. Good luck, and you can PM me with questions if you want. I may not be able to answer, but I'll try.

(P.S. In high school, my friends and I emailed ID Software CEO Todd Hollenshead to ask if we could use one copy of Quake 1 on multiple computers for a club in our school lab, without paying for a site license. He sent back permission and wished us good luck the organization. That was the last thing we needed to convince the tech manager at school to let us run with the gaming club on their then-brand-new pentiums.)

Edited by Daeval

Best bet for learning UT2k4 is with the Special Edition DVD it comes with. It's where I've learned mostly everything for it. From mapping to basic ai coding.

Thanks for all your help guys, I just spended 4 hours trying to RE-Understand the way Unreal ED works, Positioning textures, creating cube boxes, getting myself comfetable with a 3d grid, and now im working on a simple map since I just remembered everything, I'll post up a screenshot if I can finished on thursday or friday