click click click

BoomBa_GoosE

yeah i'd suggest that too and save the laser for games that don't work on the hdd.

its very easy to just add your games to the hdd in your pc (highly suggest getting a hdd rack) using an app like winhiip which can format the hdd for ps2 use and you can use your pc dvd-rom to transfer games in a few minutes compared to waiting 40mins or so for the ps2 dump the game in the hdd :P

google around for the ps2 exploit, theres many ways to get it to work.

Edited by Prican25

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really dark day for me now. I too have been recently experiencing these "clicking" problems with my ps2 (no flip top). Basically it's nothing really bad as it first appeared while playing Shadow Hearts. When entering the menu the game pauses for a moment, clicks three times and then resumes normally. It happens only about once per gaming session so it's not a real problem. However, I just got Mercenaries and It clicks every time the action gets heavy. I've had the system for about three years now and I'm so dissapointed about what's happening. Anyway, Boomba Goose, have you had any new discoveries or solutions or even reasons why some games do this and some don't?

Mercenaries looks like a processor heavy game but nothing happens when I play GTA SA or Call of Duty. Shadow Hearts shouldn't even nudge the laser or the system but it has that small problem.

However, playing Shadow Hearts using the real disc doesn't seem to have any effects.

Edited by NeoMaster

Well, to find Shadow Hearts in new form is kind of difficult without going online. It's nearly impossible to find it anywhere around my city but I got Shadow Hearts from my local blockbuster.

Have you played Shadow Hearts 2?

this could be why you hear a click. I discovered this when i first bought my boot disk. When you switch the "white disk" into the flip(the white disk that has the magnet) it doesn't put enough pressure oh the game and sometimes the game doesn't load. To correct this problem i just do it manually. Load the boot disk then swap and put the "white disk" on the game before it stars to spin. That way, it gives the game enough pressure. This incident happened to my friend too. Now my games read every time and i hear no clicking noise. I bought my ps2 in september 2004.

To my knowledge, Shadow Hearts: Covenant was just released here a few days ago, but I don't have the financial backup right now. :o

Its been out for months here...where you live? South Pole? :D

He lives there

*points to the right*

Mine's modded so I don't think your switcharoo trick will work for me. Now I'm afraid to play the system. Whenever I attempt to play I get paranoid by every sound that comes from the system and shut it off a few minutes after.

Looks like I'm going to have to crawl back to my dusty old gamecube.

To my knowledge, Shadow Hearts: Covenant was just released here a few days ago, but I don't have the financial backup right now. :(

Its been out for months here...where you live? South Pole? :)

Almost. We either get none of the cool releases or we get them way late. That's how it's always been and I blame the germans, the french and PAL50 for it. Although revcently we've started to see more and more good japanese RPG releases thanks to publishers like KOEI, Atari and Ubisoft.

In that case if you have the chance to try Shadow Hearts 2, I seriously urge you to do so. It's a refreshing change from the Final Fantasys and Dragon Quests.

Plus Karin is so scrum diddly umpsous.