click click click

BoomBa_GoosE

In that case if you have the chance to try Shadow Hearts 2, I seriously urge you to do so. It's a refreshing change from the Final Fantasys and Dragon Quests.

Plus Karin is so scrum diddly umpsous.

yes, I know. I must find a way to make (actually quite a lot) easy €€€.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTA:SA requires CONSTANT Disc access, it basically streams the game from the disc, which is why there is no load points.

If any burned game is going to wear out a laser it would bethat game.

(its funny when people have really scratched copies of that game and it actually effects performance, it will load boundries up before it loads the actual buildings so youll crash into nothing and be like WTF!??! and then a building will appear in front of you hehe)

Def Jam Fight for NY also will spank your laser silly, Mercenaries I believe also has that effect.

From further investigation I have come up with some new details.

Test Subject: Mercenaries

Disc Type: Maxell DVD+R 4x

Now the last two games I had on Maxell discs were Shadow Hearts and Mercenaries. Basically, they both had these clicking problems but Shadow Hearts was no biggie where as Mercenaries gangbanged the clicking sensation.

I then tried burning it on a Memorex DVD+R 4x and here are the results.

Gone are the clicking noises and now the load times are MUCH longer. The sound usually goes out of sync and often the system beeps because I believe it is struggling to load all that data at once.

Possible Solution: My hypothesis is that the 4x are having trouble keeping up because the originals are about 8x discs. The possible solution would be to use 8x discs and see what happens. I haven't tested it out yet because I am dirt poor and have no 8x's.

Possible Problem: Before when I had Def Jam 2, the sound was perfect, loading was ok, everything was great. Then came to a point where the cutscenes would lose sync with voice overs. I think this is the time my ps2 started going south. However, I still experience today with the Memorex and less problems with Maxell. But like I said, some games are giving the clickaroo.

GTA:SA requires CONSTANT Disc access, it basically streams the game from the disc, which is why there is no load points.

(its funny when people have really scratched copies of that game and it actually effects performance, it will load boundries up before it loads the actual buildings so youll crash into nothing and be like WTF!??! and then a building will appear in front of you hehe)

Same with GTA: Vice City. Constant streaming. I wonder if that's the cause of my PS2 acting weird every now and then...

Same with GTA: Vice City. Constant streaming. I wonder if that's the cause of my PS2 acting weird every now and then...

Any game like that will wear down the laser on your ps2.

The device can only take a certain amount of spanks before it says no more.

Edited by NeoMaster

Usually, for these click click click problems, adjusting the laser and roater fixes it.

But that costs money :rofl:

My friend bought the new slim ps2 yesterday and I was quite impressed with it. On the side of the box it says it supports DVD+R/-R. I know this might be a stupid question but does that mean you don't need a mod chip to play backup games?

Usually, for these click click click problems, adjusting the laser and roater fixes it.

My friend bought the new slim ps2 yesterday and I was quite impressed with it. On the side of the box it says it supports DVD+R/-R. I know this might be a stupid question but does that mean you don't need a mod chip to play backup games?

Actually it doesn't. It's a simple process DYIers, google a FAQ for it, it's simple. And what they mean is you can play media burned onto DVD-+Rs on it.

Actually it doesn't. It's a simple process DYIers, google a FAQ for it, it's simple. And what they mean is you can play media burned onto DVD-+Rs on it.

Like burned movie's and stuff? Because besides that and games what other media do people play on the ps2 with dvd-r/+r

DVD movies most likely their talking about.

This is the truth. Just because SONY added DVD+-R/RW support doesn't mean that they're going to throw the copy-protection/region lockout codes out of the window.