Winblows Longhorn in 3D

Leathel

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm going to read up more on it first. This line scared me off: "The company warns customers not to use it even on a primary development computer, with there being every likelihood of bugs and a pretty good chance developers will want to reinstall their system once they're done using the Avalon preview."

But I think it's about time I do a format and fresh installation of Windows.

yeah i know about opengl and stuff but this makes it obvious that oyu can really develpe multi platform games, doom was among the first ones and hopefully many others will follow the example

Actually Quake III was. It started off on Windows for a few months, then a linux client came out followed by a Mac client.

Yeah, unfortunately developers don't have time and money to make games for what is still a pretty small market. Most of them develop in DirectX environment. Maybe once WINE and Cedega improve then it would be cool.

I was just reading that Dolwin works with WINE right now. But its hard to say how much of a speed loss you incur this way since GC emus can't go to fast as it is. Still, brings a little more hope to ditching windows.

What I need is a decent set of easy to use encoding tools for linux. There needs to be a good linux alternative to Cinema Craft Encoder before I'd switch OS