Winblows Longhorn in 3D

Leathel

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's going to use a whole new GUI. Kind of like how Mac OS X uses OpenGL, the new one will use DirectX or whatever Microsoft rolls out with next.

EDIT: I just read that article. Wow, atleast SM 2.0 required...wow. I wonder if people will have cards to handle that by then. For ATIs that would be atleast a Radeon 9500 and for NVIDIA it would be atleast a GeForce FX 5200.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

So will they be cheap or like impossible to buy?

maybe 4Ghz line will be hit, but I think there will be a new performance rating for even Intel - I mean AMD Athlon64 has already released it's 4000+ CPU that runs at a merely 2.4Ghz and we're more than a year away from windows Longhorn release, but it ain't cheap - at least for now being the Ultimate Model maybe the Dual Core CPU's will bring a bigger performance gain once Intel and AMD learn more on how to properly manage resources with less heat loss.

you can see AMD's roadmap here -

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/Virtual...104_608,00.html

I'm pretty sure that AMD won't hit the 3Ghz mark atleast until they hit a smaller micron process =)

But who really cares about what AMD puts out GHz wise. They still put out CPUs that are more superior over Intel for less.

But who really cares about what AMD puts out GHz wise. They still put out CPUs that are more superior over Intel for less.

I think that AMD may drop it's CPU prices sometime soon, their flash products just took a very severy slump from Intel. Even though Flash memory is not a big part of Intel's revenue, it is for AMD. Let's Hope that AMD contunue to bring out more CPU's in the future and not be overmuscled by Intel, :lol: Intel's made AMD's share price drop really fast - badly. One would expect AMD to lower their product prices to counter this... what was it that Intel's Chairman calls it... Infliction point- I believe - correct me if I'm wrong - it's been a while since I read the book.