Quake 4 !

Leathel

I think quake I was the best. Was that ever multiplayer?

yes it was, but it was Quake 2 that brought more gamers in. As for Unreal, I never played it on multiplayer - only after Unreal tournament did i bother to look at the multiplayer in Unreal 1 but - it sucked compared to Unreal Tournament. and once i got used to the moves from Unreal Tournament - it was hard to play a shooter that didn't had a dodge move - lol

I think quake I was the best. Was that ever multiplayer?

Quake I is probably the most important multiplayer game ever since it was the first to bring multiplayer using a modem to the masses. Before multiplayer was just done on LANs, but Quake changed all of that. And Quake deathmatch is still my favorite multiplayer game of all time...I love it. Quake II deathmatch just improved upon it. Unreal 1 multiplayer sucked since the netcode was horrible. Unreal Tournament however was better than Quake III to me.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Quake III was all about the mulitplayer revolution era(1997-2001) that was taking place. Since everyone was getting faster internet and so on (playing on 56k was mad fun), Quake III has always been and always will be my main love in deathmatch gaming. Even more then Quake II (which was modded as much as Half-Life until it took the title for most developed mods in 2001).