Total Bullsh!t

I agree with those who've said that parents need to be responsible for what their kids play. However, as a former games-retail employee, I know that it's important to take some measures at the retail level as well. Parents are often too clueless to realize that the big "M" means it aint for their grade schooler.

I always made sure to ask the buyer's age if the game was M-rated, and even for ID if the response was questionable. No one under 17/18 got away with M-Rated titles without an adult. And when a clueless parent set GTAIII on the counter at the behest of their giddy 8 year old, I always made sure to point out the rating and explain what it meant.

Disturbingly, there were many parents who just didn't care, or who even thought it was "cool" that their kid's game would be as violent and risque as the r-rated stuff the adults enjoyed. There were many that appreciated the warnings though.

I don't mind violence and "mature-themes" in games, but there are titles, especially Rockstar's titles, that use them as the primary draw. That I do have a problem with. The old GTAs were fun, and GTAIII was fun, but the gameplay has barely been updated at all since then, and most of the attention the series gets isn't for it's free-form play, but for it's controversial nature. Manhunt is another good example - a mediocre sneaker with enough violence to draw crowds. At that point, the title has sunk to "shock rock" levels, and no longer really contributes to gaming as a whole.

i hate these people that blame everything on games, if the parents can teach their kids good, then it doesn't matter, if it was the games, then everybody out there would be killing each other

Parents should get more parenting lessons or something.

A lot of people don't like violent games when their kids are at a low age. I remember my mom asking if the game was too violent. But then again she never watched us that much unless she wanted us to stop playing the game.

I seriously don't think violence has an issue in kids and parents are too stupid to figure that out. A mess of my friends play violent games and they're ranked very high in our class. So yeah does completely nothing.

And for that I DON"T WANT MY KID TO DO COLUMBINE SHOOTING. Complete bull. Your kid has to be made fun of and be enraged in the point of doing that. I think VGs have more of a calming effect on kids (unless they're online. Then they scream more).

You see lists like this all the time. Non violent games are fun as violent games sometimes but violent games have more playability than them so thats a reason ppl go for violent games. and just because they ban it from their household, whos flocking stopping them from going to a friends house and playing it.

NO ONE