Gryph

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassin's Creed 2

I have no love for the first AC, I hated it. But I am having an OK time with part 2.

It's less repetitive then the first one.

It's set (IMO) a more interesting time and place.

Torchlight. It's very cool, it's just like Diablo but 3D and with some clever added features, like a pet that can carry stuff for you and run back to town and sell it so you don't have to keep going back and forth yourself. I don't know if you can buy in retail, I couldn't find in online shops, but you can download it on Steam or Direct2Drive etc.

I'm pleasently surprised that I am still having fun with Assassin's Creed II. So much so that I haven't even bothered unzipping Left4Dead2 yet.

I'm pleasently surprised that I am still having fun with Assassin's Creed II. So much so that I haven't even bothered unzipping Left4Dead2 yet.

Care to review a bit more? I know the graphic is good, but what about the gameplay? Are the missions more varied now? Have sidequests? etc etc?

I do like Assassin Creed but I don't think i can sit through another rounds of monotonous missions and flag finding. And this is from someone who get 1000/1000 on X360.

well I'd say it's more varied. it's not like the first one where you have to do 3 of 5 or 6 activities to get to the next target. there is no eavesdropping, or any thing like that. as far as side missions, it's mostly deliver a message in the time limit, or beat up a certain guy. I've been playing for about 15 hours and I feel like I am about halfway through the story. but I am taking some time to explore, get all the viewpoints and collecting money to upgrade your base town. there is lots of stuff to collect, so it could keep you busy for a while.

I find it quite questionable that news have surfaced that UbiSoft tried to strongarm favorable reviews for Assassin's Creed II by threatening reviewers with not giving them anymore games in the future - or something close to that.