Web Hosting At It's Lowest Price Ever!

Inmate77

Yeah, the reviews after november or so are really good on that one site. However, I'd be cautious.. Previous to november, they have nothing but bad feedback, and all of a sudden people are singing generic praises and saying the've been there forever?

5 of them on the same day?

Yeah, it seriously looks like someone is padding their reputation on that site. Take those praises with a bag of salt.

Technically, to host your own webpage, all you need is a copy of Apache (Free), and for Port 80 to be open (a lot of cable companies block it so people won't host pages). If port 80 is closed, there are tricks to get around it too.

Then, people can see your stuff by going to http://111.111.111.111

Where 111.111.111.111 is replaced by your WAN IP address.

To have an actual domain name like "1emulation.com" you've got to register a domain name with a registrar (I recommend godaddy.com) for actual money. :D Then, when someone goes to "www.whateverdomain.com", they will be secretly forwarded to your WAN IP address, or whatever IP address you put.

Edited by Daeval

Technically, to host your own webpage, all you need is a copy of Apache (Free), and for Port 80 to be open (a lot of cable companies block it so people won't host pages).  If port 80 is closed, there are tricks to get around it too. 

Then, people can see your stuff by going to http://111.111.111.111

Where 111.111.111.111 is replaced by your WAN IP address.

To have an actual domain name like "1emulation.com" you've got to register a domain name with a registrar (I recommend godaddy.com) for actual money. :D  Then, when someone goes to "www.whateverdomain.com", they will be secretly forwarded to your WAN IP address, or whatever IP address you put.

u need an static iwan ip address for that tho, right?