Mame Neogeo

James

What's wrong with Nebula? It does the job.

Essentially nothing, but if you are gonna be looking for netplay, or even people to play with you'd be out of luck.

I have never used Nebula even when it first came out so I'm somewhat biased.

Well, forget about netplay .. I myself would use FBA only for netplay. I can't even stand using mame32k for netplay as well. However, Nebula is a great emulator, and the hacks made for it in the past have been spectacular regardless of how much ElSemi disliked them. The sames goes with WinKawaks -- those 2 emulators battled it out pretty hard in 2002-2004. :naughty:

I never bothered with either extensively, I remember how popular Neorage X was back in 98-2000

I like mame's netplay. I prefer the way it loads a bit more than the other two emus.

Neorage X remains my number one choice for any old computer I have lying around. It's by far one of the most well made DOS emulators.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essentially nothing, but if you are gonna be looking for netplay, or even people to play with you'd be out of luck.

Well, forget about netplay .. I myself would use FBA only for netplay. I can't even stand using mame32k for netplay as well. However, Nebula is a great emulator, and the hacks made for it in the past have been spectacular regardless of how much ElSemi disliked them. The sames goes with WinKawaks -- those 2 emulators battled it out pretty hard in 2002-2004. :naughty:

I never bothered with either extensively, I remember how popular Neorage X was back in 98-2000

I like mame's netplay. I prefer the way it loads a bit more than the other two emus.

Neorage X remains my number one choice for any old computer I have lying around. It's by far one of the most well made DOS emulators.

I don't have to worry about anything..

I am running a Core 2 Duo Extreme and Intel Accelerated Graphics.

I can run nuclear tests if I wanted.

I like the processor, but Intel graphics card? Ewwwww. Go with nVidia please! :)

I like the processor, but Intel graphics card? Ewwwww. Go with nVidia please! :)

why would I spend money for Nvidia when I have this one for free and works almost as well (my graphics are rated as a 3.9 according to the Microsoft Index)

why would I spend money for Nvidia when I have this one for free and works almost as well (my graphics are rated as a 3.9 according to the Microsoft Index)

Does the Microsoft index go up to 10? 3.9/10 is pretty bad :naughty:

Anyways, this thread has gone off-topic. Let's try to hop back on if possible.

Does the Microsoft index go up to 10? 3.9/10 is pretty bad :naughty:

Anyways, this thread has gone off-topic. Let's try to hop back on if possible.

Last time I checked it went only up to 5

I prefer Mame over most emus.

Edited by GameCop

Why?, If its onboard then without a doubt its crap and even its not its still crap.

ATI or Nvidia are much better GFX cards.

When it come to neogeo mame is the best, FBA is good with neogeo as well

Why?, If its onboard then without a doubt its crap and even its not its still crap.

ATI or Nvidia are much better GFX cards.

When it come to neogeo mame is the best, FBA is good with neogeo as well

I'm aware that those are excellent ( I have them on my Desktop)

But these run even 3D MAME roms really well. So no point in anything better if it does the job.