Help! Mame Lag problem! PLease!

Anybody, please help me! My mame keeps laging for all my games, starting the game at 320 by 310 Resolotion making it lag like crazy, I tried to change the resolotuin to go with the game but that causes more lag! Gaa, help...

I have Win XP , 1.47 GHz, 480 MB Ram, Amd athalon proccesser 1700. My video card is Vision Extasy 9200, equivalant to a ATI Raidion 9200.

Anybody got answer, please post...I need your help! :)

Edited by Drake

Ya, Drake, MAME Is Better To Play The Really Old Games, Kawaks And FBA(Perferibly FBA) Plays The Newer Games Faster, Nebula Is Also Good, But The Newer Games Are Locked,... At Least For The Newer Nebula Versions.

EDIT: On Yeah, When Playing A Game Press "F10" I THink Its The Trottle Button.

Edited by 666Ghost

mame has a problem bcuz it depends on ur video card or ur processor mainly I forget which though.

K'dash had this problem and thats why he doesn't like mame that much.

To use mame, u'd prolly have to upgrade ur computer.

That's still not enough. You can run Halo because XBOX games are designed very much like PC games since they are pretty similar machines. MAME emulates the arcade hardware almost perfectly so that takes A LOT of power.

I'll say this for the 1XXXXXXXXXXXXth time: in order to emulate a ceratin system at full speed with full sound, you need at leat 10X-15X faster CPU than the emulated machine.

Since MAME emulates so many different hardware, the requirements differ as well. If you'd want to play every emulated MAME game at full speed with full sound, i guess you'd need a 4GHz+ processor with 1GB+ RAM.

But this is just a rough estimate.

Well lets see.

My old comp was this:

P2 233 ghz

192 mb of ram

Legacy Video card Geforce 2

It played old games fine but it barely played games like mvsc and dungeons and dragons. (meaning there was some lag and junk like that).

Another comp had a P3 Processor and prolly 256 ram and it played roms a bit better but still there was occasionally freeze ups here and there.

My bro comp has a P4 Processor and 1024 ram and it works flawlessly.

My comp has a 2800+ XP Processor and 512 Ram and it works flawlessly.

Well except for 3d games, you need top of the line crap for that stuff at the moment.

I quote Weird on this one when We were talking about emulators a long time ago in irc

<Weirdanzeige> mame depends more on the cpu btw