[11/26/04] Half-Life 2

I have a complete review I did after beating the game twice after a week it came out (Long weekend + 2 days of skipping). But alas, it shall not be posted.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have not finished the game. I've just arrived at the outer perimeter of Nova Prospekt with my little "pets" and The Combine are giving me hell.

Edited by Agozer

Since we're doing status reports, I'm working my way toward the (This is a spoiler if you're kinda dimwitted!) citadel. Human squadmates are a pain in the arse - they like to stand on grenades, or right behind you when you're trying to backpedal off of one. I think it's just the combination of tight spaces, lots of friendlies, and grenade happy enemies.

The bugs, however, kick ass. I'd ditch the filthy warmbloods in a second to have them back. And I love manhacks now that I have the grav gun, there's nothing more satisfying than nabbing them out of the air and slamming them against a wall, one after another, like frogs on a truck bumper.

Edited by Daeval

And I love manhacks now that I have the grav gun, there's nothing more satisfying than nabbing them out of the air and slamming them against a wall, one after another, like frogs on a truck bumper.

Damn, why have'nt I thought of that? Although it's pretty much the same as grabbing one of those annoying electric orbs and launching them one by one down a ravine.

And I love manhacks now that I have the grav gun, there's nothing more satisfying than nabbing them out of the air and slamming them against a wall, one after another, like frogs on a truck bumper.

Damn, why have'nt I thought of that? Although it's pretty much the same as grabbing one of those annoying electric orbs and launching them one by one down a ravine.

That was nice too, although something about the smash of the impact and the flying of sparks, and the sound of its little annoying motor winding down, makes butsin' manhacks that much more rewarding.

Did the electric orb things scream silently on the way down in your head too?

It did. Now that's scary. + It was really annoying when they attached themselves to your buggy and threw it around if you weren't careful.

God I love my "pets". :(

Edited by Agozer

It did. Now that's scary. + It was really annoying when they attached to your buggy and threw it around if you werent careful.

I treated them like a flat tire - find the first less busy spot, pull off to the side of the road, yank it off and launch it a few hundred feet over a cliff.

Edited by Daeval

It did. Now that's scary. + It was really annoying when they attached to your buggy and threw it around if you werent careful.

I treated them like a flat tire - find the first less busy spot, pull off to the side of the road, yank it off and launch it a few hundred feet over a cliff.

Likewise, and it works like a charm. :(

... Except that one time when they busted through the roof of a house I was scoping out. Glad there was a cliff nearby.

Edited by Agozer

Likewise, and it works like a charm. :(

... Except that one time when they busted throught the roof of a house i was scoping out. Glad there was a cliff nearby.

Ah yeah, that was kinda neat. I wasn't expecting to be surprised by those of all things. Although I realized there is absolutely no good reason to waste your ammo on about 80% of those little settlements. I liked it anyway just for atmosphere.

Anyone else hate the black headcrabs? Those things take WAY more shots than a headcrab has any business taking.

And Agoz, when you get to the part with the three turrets, let me know how you get through it. You get no details for now. :D