Gran Turismo 4 Finished, Sequel Planned

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gran Turismos have always been about realism, and quite frankly, I suck at any game that has even a hint of realism in it.

But I've come to enjoy Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (although i don't own it), because it just feels fun and I've gotten a little better.

Also, Ridge Racer V is also fun... but then again, these games while being very good in executing and fun factor, don't really compare in terms of overall enjoyment to those arcade racers.

Yes, I was mainly referring to the Burnout series and that... gah, brain malfuntion.

From Gamespot.com

Gran Turismo 4 hits red light

Sony's driving sim gets pushed back in both Japan and North America; SCEA targets early '05 as new launch window.

TOKYO--Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that the Gran Turismo 4 release date has moved from December 3 to December 28. The company explains that the game had some unexpected tuning requirements that held up its release. Making the adjustments will cause the game to miss its previously allotted ship date.

Stateside, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced a new ship date for US gamers. Gran Turismo 4 moves from a ship date of December 14 to a ship date sometime in the January-to-March window of next year.

In a statement, SCEA said: "Natural challenges with finalizing all the key features and localization issues across worldwide territories have led to the difficult choice of pushing back the release date in order to ensure that Gran Turismo 4 lives up to the exacting standards of the 36 million-plus fans worldwide that have purchased previous versions" [of the franchise].

By Henry Niizumi, Curt Feldman -- GameSpot

sucks we have to wait but oh well :(

thought i'd mention this article also from gamespot.com sinces its funny to me hehe

Nike teams with Sony on special GT4 offer

A limited edition Gran Turismo bundle in Japan will come with a pair of Nike sneakers and T-shirt.

TOKYO--Major running shoe and apparel manufacturer Nike is collaborating with Sony Computer Entertainment on a release of a limited edition Gran Turismo 4 bundle.

The product, appropriately named "Nike/Gran Turismo Limited Edition," will come with a specially designed GT4 sneaker and a T-shirt by Nike, and a copy of GT4 adorned with special Nike/GT4 box art.

The three items will be packaged inside a special aluminum case and will cost 32,000 yen ($302). The offer is limited to 1,000 units and will be sold only through Sony's online store and a handful of Nike retailers in Japan. The bundle goes on sale starting December 3.

In addition to the combo package, SCE also revealed that Gran Turismo 4 will feature a hidden car that has been designed by Nike. Any gamer can unlock the car by playing through the game, but if you purchase the special package, you can take a snapshot of the T-shirt with an EyeToy camera and unlock the car immediately.

By Hirohiko Niizumi -- GameSpot

and these aren't even jordan's :D

In addition to the combo package, SCE also revealed that Gran Turismo 4 will feature a hidden car that has been designed by Nike. Any gamer can unlock the car by playing through the game, but if you purchase the special package, you can take a snapshot of the T-shirt with an EyeToy camera and unlock the car immediately.

right there :D

arent they still gonna release a gt4 online version sometime next yr? cant wait to get this game.. owned all the GTs since ps1, what got me hooked was its gfx (awesome at the time) and those awesome replays it got.. theres this kool camera mode this time, renders the car in hi-res