Modded XBOX getting banned from XBOX Live!

Gryph

Some of you with modded XBOXs should be careful.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showforum=53

Here is an excerpt:

Any way around this? Well, as always, the best way to avoid a Xbox ban from Xbox Live is to get a new Xbox just for Xbox Live.

That is the current state of Xbox Live, as I have gathered from the mounds of threads here.

Here is what I think MS is still NOT doing:

- MS is not scanning HDs for what is on the HD. So, I assume a stock HD, even though the XBox is modded, will still work fine on Xbox Live. Just, as always, access Live with the modchip off.

- MS is not banning Xboxes with a replaced DVDROM. So, if you swapped a Thomson with a Samsung, you will still be fine.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

This is pretty old stuff... why the hub-ub, Gryph?

Anon.

It was just posted at XBOX-Scene and at VE3D. I guess because Halo 2 is going to cause a mass move towards XBOX Live! It's new news to me.

Over a hundred people on the Xbox-Scene forums are reporting that they were banned from Xbox Live Monday, just one day before Halo 2 was due to launch. Reports from the various victims indicate that even slight modifications such as replacing a broken DVD-ROM from home results in lifetime bans.

If you have a modified Xbox, you are presently advised to steer clear of Xbox Live until those clever Xbox modifier chaps can work out some sort of fix, it at all possible.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Jesus Christ people.

Hint: If you don't want to get banned from LIVE, don't mod your XBox.

It's hilarious that these people are actually wondering why they got banned. Their response is either "They shouldn't have seen the chip!" or "I, like most of the people here, have no idea why I was banned."

It seems that in Halo 2..it checks the HD and some other stuff. I doubt they'll find the real reason in how Microsoft is figuring out how to find all these guys with their mod chips off.

as i'm reading, it seems the problem is dealing with the eeprom not matching the hdd if you changed it. one way of fixing this is to flash a new eeprom so it uses the new hdd's key and from there on shouldn't be a problem for xbl.

heres a tut for flashing a eeprom: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/eeprom-change.php

UPDATE: just read the 20 page topic at x-s and i can't say if what i mentioned above will work 100%

Edited by Prican25