Halo 2 Vs. Typical High School Stupidity

Shibathedog

SlickDizzy, you MUST play the System Shock games. They are very good. Unfortunately my SS2 CD is scratched and it can't read an audio file so it can't install...piece of crap.

I think I will sometime. If I can find them used I might pick them up, if not there's always BitTorrent.

Have you heard about BioShock, the new game? It's not supposed to be a sequel, but is a "spiritual successor" to the first two, which I know very little about.

Yep, I've heard of Bioshock. :P It's now on my list of upcoming games tol follow very closely (others are DNF, STALKER, and F.E.A.R.) It sounds very promising and it has the word 'shock' in it so it has to be good.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! You lamers went to school today. :clapping:

I worked the opening, it was fun. I didn't get to see any Master Chief armor though...

I picked up my copy and have been happily playing it since. The first Halo was only slightly above average. The best thing about it is that it wasn't on the PC. But Halo 2 flocking owns. And it has online play, which defeats all purpose of using an actual PC rather than a console to play a FPS.

Well, we should make the distinction between RPG-like FPS, twitch-FPS, and competitive on-line FPS games.

I'm with Darkmage. I've barely got the patience for non-twitch FPSes these days. If I want a session, it's just going to be 20 minutes of chaotic shooting. *Rarely*, we get Q3 on a lan and I join in.

I don't see why Citizen Kabuto isn't technically an FPS, by the way. It's first person. It's a shooter.

Oh, this is a Halo 2 topic, huh? Oddly enough, I vastly preferred Microsoft's old offering (can't remember who exactly developed it, but MS definitely published it) Outwars to Halo. Had some fun times with Halo (the first time I ever played I was picking up a friend at MS headquarters on a "Halo Friday", and I got to join in for a bit, *that* was a blast), but I never really got all the fuss about it.

I concur also. Why do you think it's clever to like Halo? I'd class Halo fans as the opposite of clever.

Well, I like Halo, but I'm not exstatic about it. Does that make me stupid?

And no, I have not played Halo 2.

Edited by Agozer

I hate Halo. Not becasue it's bad... well I played Halo PC and it was a bit plain... but becasue I hate things that are hyped. Half their appeal is the hype, and personally I prefer UT etc. to Halo any day~ and I'm somewhat pissed that it didn't get as much hype on its release.

I don't see why Citizen Kabuto isn't technically an FPS, by the way. It's first person. It's a shooter.

It's primarily third-person with a somewhat useless first-person view available.

Citizen: Kabuto was such a fun game, definitely one of the most overlooked good games ever. Those visuals were absolutely beautiful when the game first game out. It seems games like that missing in the gaming scene today.

It's primarily third-person with a somewhat useless first-person view available.

Citizen: Kabuto was such a fun game, definitely one of the most overlooked good games ever. Those visuals were absolutely beautiful when the game first game out. It seems games like that missing in the gaming scene today.

Same goes with that game (forgot it's name) that was made entirely with voxel graphics. No, I'm not talking about Delta Force.